Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

irena123

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 8:16pm

looking for my mother who worked as a civilian in the german army

can anyone help me out here--I know my mother Traute C. Assmann worked as a civilian in the medical office of a army hospital in Warsaw during the war. i am hoping if i can find information on her it will also tell me who my grandparents are and where they were born, married. i have contacted my cousins in germany but no one knows where grandma and grandpa come from! i dont understand how u can not know ur grandparents place of birth when they lived with you!

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 11:30pm

Hello Irena,

did you lost your mother by the war, or are you just looking for informations about here job during this time? If she died at this time, maybe the "German Red Cross" has informations.
If you tell us a little bit more details, we may can help you with your problem.
i dont understand how u can not know ur grandparents place of birth when they lived with you!
I think it is not a subject you talk about with somebody, except someone asks... - i also didn't knew where my grandparents were born, before I started with my ancestor research.
When you know, when and where your grandparents died, you can try to get their death certificates - there you will find their birthdates and -places.

Greetings
Kai