Search Forum

Our Magazines

Asharp

Trainee

• "Asharp" started this thread

Monday, January 29th 2018, 4:53pm

One more, Reading Help

Hello: Could I please get help reading one more document? (German genealogy is very new to me.)
Sorry, to make it <80 KB, i had to cut it in 2.

I see (#1): "Jacob Faüser Grenadier (brügdar?) (obri?) Wachtmeister von (Cranzburg.?) Compagnie, (ein Wittwer ?)
Meistar dass Schuhmachers HandWerkes."

(#2): "Johana, (Wejl.?) Gottlieb Maürers (gelt___?) (Cergers?) und Schuhmachers (all___?) (S_____?) Wittib."

Thank you! :danke:
Asharp has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Asharp" (Jan 30th 2018, 12:22am)

J. Steffen

Monday, January 29th 2018, 7:42pm

Hallo
hier zu 2:
Johana, Weÿl:
Gottlieb Mau-
rers gewesenen
Bürgers und Schuh-
machers allhier
hinterlaßene
Wittib
MfG, J. Steffen

Monday, January 29th 2018, 7:57pm

1):
Jacob Bausen
Grenadier bey der
Obrist Wachtmeister
von Cranzburg[ischen]
Compagnie,
ein Wittwer, Mei-
ster deß Schuh-
macher Hand
werkes."
Viele Grüße
h :) nry

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Krieg ist nicht gut für die Möbel." (Andreas Rebers)

Asharp

Trainee

Monday, January 29th 2018, 8:26pm

Thank you so much, J. Steffen and Henrywilhelm! :)

:?:1. "Grenadier bei der Obrist Wachtmeister"-- Jacob was a grenadier and sergeant, for the colonel?
^^ 2. "Allhier hinterlassene"-- ?

Again, thank you, and many regards!

Monday, January 29th 2018, 10:29pm

Yes, Jacob was a Grenadier. He served in a company whose chief was the Obristwachtmeister "Von Cranzburg" (that's how I do understand). "Obristwachtmeister" was later on called "Major".

"Allhier hinterlassen" means: "left behind here" (in this case as a widow)

(But maybe Detlef05 knows better :D )
Viele Grüße
h :) nry

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Krieg ist nicht gut für die Möbel." (Andreas Rebers)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "henrywilhelm" (Jan 29th 2018, 10:33pm)

JPS

Trainee

Monday, January 29th 2018, 10:59pm

I'll try to translate you the two entries:

Dt.: Jacob Bausen, Grenadier bey der Obrist Wachtmeister von Cranzburg[ischen] Compagnie, ein Wittwer, Meister deß Schuhmacher Handwerkes.
En.: Jacob Bausen, serving as grenadier in the Compagnie of Major "von Cranzburg". He is a widower and master shoemaker.

Dt.: Johana, Weÿl: Gottlieb Maurers gewesenen Bürgers und Schuhmachers allhier hinterlaßene Wittib.
En.: Johanna, widow of the already passed-away citizen and shoemaker Gottlieb Maurer (who died or at least lived in the end of his life in the same town/place where Johanna lived at the time of this entry)
Lg, JPS - Die Toten sind nicht tot, sie gehen mit, unsichtbar sind sie nur, unhörbar ist ihr Schritt. (Gorch Fock 1880 - 1916)

Asharp

Trainee

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 12:21am

Henrywilhelm, J Steffen, and JPS,
Thank you very much for your patience and help!
I also found more information on the internet, with the spelling "Oberst" Wachtmeister.
I only started this research a few weeks ago, and I only know a few words of German language, so I much appreciate this forum's guidance!
Regards.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Asharp" (Jan 30th 2018, 1:09am)