Suche im Forum

Unsere Magazine

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 01:43

Ancestor civil registry grand duchy of oldenburg, ganderkesee

Dear, excuse my English.
I write to you from Chile for the following, I am collecting background information to process the recovery of the German nationality and until now I only need one of these two documents from my Grandfather:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
I have been looking for a long time and I found these certificates of 6 of my grandfather's 8 brothers, but not of him, all of them are registered in the same place of birth.
And in relation to his marriage the official translation that I have in my possession says that he married on 03/11/1907, stamped with the legend "civil registry grand duchy of oldenburg, ganderkesse".

I attach a birth certificate from one of your brothers.
I would appreciate your help too much.
»Altanerich« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Screenshot_1.png (36,99 kB - 36 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. Oktober 2018, 22:05)

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 08:37

Hello Altanerich,
I can't decipher the tiny document, but the translation says that Rosa Altaner was born in 1886 in Komorno (that is in Upper Silesia). The Prussian name of Komorno was since 1936 Altenwall/commune Cosel.
Registry Offices are existing since 1875, that's why you can't find a birth certificate of her parents and uncles. Sources before 1875 are church-books.
https://agoff.de/?p=57780

Your document will give you an information about the confession. Research on this path.

Kind regards
Detlef

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 10:15

Hallo Altanerich,

Isn't there a birthplace mentioned on your grandfather's marriage entry?

If you need to get informations from the civil registries in Ganderkesee, here are the contact informations ("Ansprechpartnerinnen) at the bottom of the webpage).

Good luck,
Micha

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 15:08

Detlef05

mister, thank you very much for the clarification, that's why I found the documents of the brothers who were born after 1875.
With these documents I was, Ok, this is having bad luck, haha
What could I do now?
Thank you very much.
Attached Certificate of birth of one of the siblings, URLs because the file weighs too much.

1.-http://prntscr.com/l19inb
2.-http://prntscr.com/l19k3c

I do not know how to put the direct links

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Altanerich« (2. Oktober 2018, 15:28)

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 15:11

;( No sé cómo borrar las respuestas mal publicadas.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Altanerich« (2. Oktober 2018, 15:17)

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 15:42

Heute

Thank you very much for the information, I will try to see if they give me an answer online, hope is not lost hahaha

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 18:16

the document you now linked says father was a teacher. mother was Anna Olbrich.
Name of community is Poborschau in Cosel district.

It also says that they were catholics. So in order to find the birth/baptism entry before 1875 you will have to find the church archive. Detlef gave you a link. There is a list of communities and to which church communities they belonged.

Here's a document about Johann Altaner, teacher in Poborschau. It seems to be an employment document.
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/45/1191/0/25…=4#tabJednostka
It is not available online, but it exists and can be looked up in the archive.

Johann Altaner is also mentioned in the index of families in Kostenthal here or here
because he married there Anna Mechthilde Candida Birgitta Olbrich in 1868 and she was born there. Kostenthal church books are available via the Mormons (Family Search Centers)

This is what became of sibling Georg Ottmar Ehrenfried: a teacher
found in this database

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »M.I.F.E.« (2. Oktober 2018, 19:04)

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018, 12:13

sry falscher Eintrag

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »S.C.« (4. Oktober 2018, 12:21)