von Schwan coat of arms

• The uploaded file shows two coats of arms that are supposed to be the same, however the one on the right looks more like the swans are holding keys on a ring instead of roses, which could make it the lost coat of arms of Henry von Schwan, Claviger in Güstrow in the 13th century.

Is there an "authority" on coats or arms who can give an educated opinion on this?

Best wishes,

Christiana Swan

• I brought up this subject a few years ago when I only had the coat of arms from 1657 Fuerst, I only recently got the coat of arms from the imperial archive in Vienna. After my previous request, I was told that both are definitely the same. However, heraldry seems to function on minute details, and these have differences.

In the last similar thread (see below, dated Apr 26th 2015), some comments were made almost 5 months after my original post by rekem and rotssaki. I apologize for not responding, but I never saw the comments until this month. I haven't followed any threads longer than a few weeks, and 99% don't have comments after that long a period. I can't re-open that thread, but I would like to point out that the town of Schwaan, previously Schwan, was before that, among other names, the town of Swan. According to reliable sources (Wigger 1862, Schlie 1901), that was the name of the founder of the town. An early seal from the town is attached. I am guessing that the founder and the town, at some point in history, had the same identifying symbol.

Best wishes,

Christiana Swan