Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sugarbakers

Beginner

• "Sugarbakers" started this thread

Societies: Anglo-German FHS

Friday, May 3rd 2019, 12:45pm

Muhm

I'm hoping that a Muhm researcher will be able to add detail regarding Jost Heinrich MUHM (1746-1828) [? son of Johannes Muhm of Gleichen bei Fritzlar, Hessen; brother-in-law of Henry Martin; both migrated to London where they set up separate businesses as sugar refiners].
I have an extensive Muhm family tree (though not my research) that places Muhm lines in Germany, England, Australia and N America.

If the name ALMEROTH(*) crops up anywhere in the Muhm research, that would be very useful to know.

Thank you.
Bryan

(*)Moderator Comment / Moderator-Anmerkung:
see also / sehe auch: Almeroth

Berlin-Bob

Administrator

Societies: CompGen

Saturday, May 4th 2019, 11:57am

Übersetzung:

Quoted

Ich habe die Hoffung, dass ein/e MUM-Forscher mir etwa über Jost Heinrich MUHM (1746-1828) [? Sohn von Johannes Muhm, Gleichen bei Fritzlar, Hessen; Schwager von Henry Martin; beide wanderten nach England aus, und betrieben (getrennte) Zuckerraffinerie Geschäfte.]

Ich habe einen umfangreichen Muhm-Stammbaum (nicht aus eigener Forschung), der MUHM-Linien in Deutschland, England, Australien und N. Amerika aufzeichnet.

Falls der Name ALMEROTH(*) dabei 'auftaucht', wäre das auch gut zu wissen.

(*)Siehe auch Forum-Anfrage zu Almeroth

Für mehr Hintergrundinformation zu deutschen Zuckerbäckern ('Sugarbakers') in England,
Forum-Thema: Zuckerbäcker / Sugarbaker / Sugar Baker