Oeffnung der Archive / Nazi archive opens to the public

• Hello Frank,
    here's the teaser of the article:
    A vast archive of German war records opened to the public, giving historians and Holocaust survivors who have waited more than 60 years access to concentration camp papers detailing Nazi horrors. The 11 countries that oversee the archive of the International Tracing Service have finished ratifying an accord unsealing some 50 million pages kept in the German town of Bad Arolsen, said the service’s director, Reto Meister. “The ratification process is complete,” said Mr. Meister, whose organization is part of the International Committee of the Red Cross. “We are there. The doors are open.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11…c98d&ei=5078&partner=AOL1

I don't know why, but I can't open your link.
    As this news is in English, I also tagged this thread as English.

Rossi

• Translation / Übersetzung:
    Ein umfassendes Archiv deutscher Weltkriegsdokumente wurde der Öffentlichkeit zugänglich gemacht, womit Historikern und Überlebenden des Holocaustes nach mehr als 60 Jahren Zugang zu Unterlagen aus Konzentrationslagern gewährt wird, die die Schreckenstaten der Nazis detailliert beschreiben. Die 11 Staaten, die das Archiv des "International Tracking Services" (Internationaler Suchdienst?) betreuen, haben ein Abkommen ratifiziert, gemäß dem rund 50 Millionen Seiten, die in der deutschen Stadt Bad Arolsen gelagert werden, zugänglich gemacht werden. "Der Ratifizierungsprozess ist abgeschlossen". so Reto Meister, dessen Organisation Teil des internationalen Kommitees des roten Kreuzes ist. "Wir sind da, die Türen sind offen".
    Quelle: New York Times vom 29.11.07

Rossi
    P.S. handelt es sich bei dem "International Tracking Service" um den Suchdienst des roten Kreuzes?

• Hallo Rossi,
    Danke fuer deine Hilfe!

Thanks for your help,
    but I do not have any problems reading or writing English.
    I had placed the article for those who have been waiting for years!
    This is interesting for all members regardless of their country
    since it is affecting so many!
    Jewish or other will find a wast amount of information hidden since decades!

But your post and translation will definitely help others!

With my best regards,
    Frank