Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jeanlit

Unregistered

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 9:31pm

Bachman : Germany to New York

I am looking for J C Henry Bachman, born 1830, Bremen, Germany. Parents and other members of family unknown.

He married Mary E K Thompson in 1858 in New York, USA. I believe the family went back to Germany after 1870. Their children all born in USA were:

Meta Bachman, born 1860

William Corscaden Thompson Bachman, born 1861

Christol Bachman, born 1862

Lilla Bachman, born 1864

Any help with their details in Germany would be greatly appreciated.

Jean

Moderator-Übersetzung/Translation:
Ich suche nach J C Henry Bachman, geb. 1830, Bremen, Germany. Eltern und anderen Familienmitglieder sind unbekannt.

Er heiratete Mary E K Thompson in 1858 in New York, USA. Ich glaube, dass die Familie nach 1870 nach Deutschland zurückging.

Ihre Kinder, alle in USA geboren waren:

Meta Bachman, geb. 1860
William Corscaden Thompson Bachman, geb. 1861
Christol Bachman, geb. 1862
Lilla Bachman, geb. 1864

Jegliche Hilfe mit Information über ihnen gerne angenommen.

Jean

woddy

Trainee

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:22am

Henry Bachmann age 29 years, from Bremen to New York, is from Saxony, Arrival date 2.11.1857 , Ship name Ceder

Peter

woddy

Trainee

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:33am

I found in U.S Passport Application 1795-1925

J C Henry Bachmann born 19.2.1830 in Bremen, Residence 1896 in Westfield, New Jersey, emigrated 15.12.1850 Ship Washingthon.

Peter

jeanlit

Unregistered

Monday, December 29th 2008, 1:06pm

Thank you Peter for both your suggestions - I will follow them up. I think that the passport application in 1896 is the most probable but I will have to see if his wife Mary also got a passport. However she was born in England but her father was an American citizen.

Her sister Kate made at least two trips to Germany after 1896 so perhaps she was visiting her sister Mary.

Jean

:danke:

omit2

Unregistered

Monday, August 31st 2009, 9:30pm

I´ve got one question. is there someone with the Name Bachmann in your Family who lifes in Switzerland. My Grandma comes from Switzerland and her fathers name was Hans Bachmann and the Name of her granpa is Emil Bachmann he comes from Basel to Zurich.