Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

youngko

Unregistered

Monday, December 28th 2009, 1:11am

Researching Schwaebsch family history

I am researching the family history of August Frederich Schwaebsch born 1796 and died 1866. His father was Christian Schwaebsch, of whom I have no other information. The only reference I have been able to find was that they were born in Prussia (this was referenced in some of the earlier family documentation). I would be grateful for any advice or guidance offered. regards
Holger ?(

Societies: Gesellschaft für Familienforschung in Franken

Friday, January 1st 2010, 11:47am

In German phonebook there are only two Schwaebsch:
Annemarie Schwaebsch, Herdlauchring 6, 71101 Schoenaich
Karin Schwaebsch, Dihlmannstr. 12, 13629 Berlin
These can perhaps say, from what area the Schwaebsch come.
Yours sincerely
Friedhard Pfeiffer

youngko

Unregistered

Friday, January 1st 2010, 10:33pm

Schwaebsch

Good morning Mr Friedhard Pfeiffer
Thank you for taking the time to respond and doing the research. I shall try to follow up on your findings.
Kind regards
Holger ;)

woddy

Trainee

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 11:56am

Hello Holger,

Schwaebsch give in Krummendorf near by Züllichau.
a family Schwaebsch is 1849 emigration to australia.

Peter Woddow

cookingitalian

Unregistered

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 8:42am

Schwaebsch Family Research

Dear Holger

I am a direct descendant of Karl August Frederick, married to Johanna Grund (she was grand-daughter to Gebhard Anton von Krosigk and Auguste Ernstine con der Schulenberg)and who migrated to Victoria, Australia in 1849. Karl August and Johanna had three sons, Karl August Robert, Karl August Theodore and Heinrich Oswald.

My great grandfather, James Oswald Schwaebsch is the son of Karl August Robert; there was also a daughter named Johanna Julia.

The Schwaebsch family in Victoria have a well documented history and are known as a pioneering family in the area of Northcote. The family was large and they changed their name to Swebbs during the first world war.

I hope this helps your research and I would be pleased to offer any further information.

Pauline Leonard

jsproede

Moderatorin

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 1:21pm

youngko ist leider nicht mehr registriert.

Viele Grüße,

Jutta