Hahn, Buch, Schnick, Drews, Kluck, Gast, Engler, Zaukel, Reschke, Kluck (West Prussia)

• My connection with the above names follows:
    Christian Schnick was married to Constantia Buch. Their son, Johann Christian Schnick was born in Gosen, near Danzig January 15, 1846. He married Christina Louise Drews in Schoeneck, West Prussia, June 24, 1869, and after her death, married Auguste Drews circa 1880. Christina Louise and Johann Christian Schnick had four children: Gustav Friedrich, Auguste, Berta and Amanda. Auguste Drews and Johann Christian Schnick had three children: Johann, Otto and Ernst.

Drews family: George Drews married Florentina Reschke. Their child Christian Drews was born December 19, 1819. Christian Drews married Christina Hahn in Schoeneck, West Prussia July 19, 1841. She was born in Boschpol, West Prussia May 7, 1821. She was the daughter of George Hahn and Kristina Kluck.

Klara Christina Falk married Gustav Friedrich Schnick in Wiesenthal Gross-Paglau, Zelmarostowo, West Prussia June 14, 1892. Gustav was born in Gosen, near Danzig, September 4, 1870. He was the son of Johann Christian Schnick and Christina Louise Drews. They had eleven children. After Klara Christina Falk died he married her sister, Anna Falk, and they had one more child, Charlotte.

Karl Friedrich (August) Julius Falk was born in Kamerau-Ofen, Alt-Hutte, July 27, 1840. He married Anna Marie Gast in Schoeneck, West Prussia December 10, 1867. Anna was born in Zelmarostowo, West Prussia August 23, 1844 and was the daughter of Erdmanns Gast and Florentina Engler. Their children were: Klara Christina, Amanda, Otielie, Berta and Anna.

Michael Falk married Friederike Zaukel. Friederike was born in Kamerau-Ofen. Their son, Karl Friedrich (August) Julius Falk was born July 27, 1840.

I am looking for information prior to this or in connection with the above names. Thank you.

• Guten Tag, Betty,

unfortunately you do not mention whether your ancestors were Catholic or Evangelical Lutheran. I checked Hans-Jürgen Wolf's "Einwohnerdatenbank" [Database of inhabitants] on www.westpreussen.de for your persons, but no result. Maybe you can get some more help if you post a query in the forum of www.westpreussen.de.

By the way, where was Zelmarostowo? Could not find it in the "Ortsverzeichnis" [List of places] on Hans-Jürgen Wolf's site.

Good luck with your further research! - Willi

• Hello Betty,

the correct name of Zelmarostowo is Zelmerostwo. This little town were in the "Kreis Berent", near Danzig.

In this town were also living Jakob Kirstowski and Christian Engler, so we are a big family!

Many greetings

Heike

• Hello Betty,

also in my database I found the above mentioned couple. They are, however, not my direct ancestors. "Licht"/Heike gave me a hint that you are researching the above names. Let's get in contact, as I seems that there is a relationship between us (family Drews from Trockenhuette).
    Greetings

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

FENNER in Tlukawy/Hermstal/Wischin (Posen)

STIEWITZ aus "Strelen" in der "Niederlauselitz" (17. Jht.)

SCHÖNBORN aus "Rotenburg"/Neisse (18. Jht)

EICHEL aus Rostock (17. Jht.)

OSTERKAMP aus Hausbergen/Minden (17. Jht)