Peter Neukirchen & Elisabeth Brand from Friemersheim

• I am looking for the marriage & parents of Peter Neukirchen and his wife Elisabeth Brands. Their son Wilhelm Neukirchen; baptised 13 june 1747 Wanheim-Friemersheim Rheinland Prussia, is my ancestor who came to The Netherlands. —Evangelisch! I know that all their children were born in Friemersheim via FamilySearch.org.
    Can someone help?

• Hello,

The data of the protestant parish of Friemersheim are available on microfilm from the LDS. I'd suggest that if there is a Family History Centre close to where you live, you order the film and go there.

FHL INTL Film 1336807

Tauf-Index 1641-1798 -- Heirats-Index 1641-1798 -- Toten-Index 1641-1798 -- Taufen 1641-1798 -- Konfirmationen 1641-1802 -- Konfirmanden 1641-1802 -- Heiraten 1641-1798 -- Tote 1641-1798

Best regards,

Simone

• Here you can download the Friemersheim church records (Kirchenbücher) in XLS Format (first download in the list). The data go back to 1641. Here are the details you were looking for:

The couple:
    H 1723 Page 033 enty no. 08 Bt Brands, Elisabeth, f, ~28.09.1707, ±12.06.1756
    H 1723 033 08 Bg Neukirch, Peter, Wanheim, m, ~26.09.1699, ±07.12.1759

Elisabeth's parents
    Bletges, Catharina, f
    Brands, Peter, m

Peter's parents
    Buckmann, Elisabeth, f
    Neukirch, Johann Heinrich, m

Best regards,
    Simone

• Dear Simone,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful help I am over the moon to receive the data! I noticed that Neukirchen was first written as Neukirch! Do you have any suggestions how I might find the data of the parents you have found?
    Kind regarrds, Marnix Alexander de Paula Lopes.

• Hello Marnix Alexander,

I hope you are familiar with sorting and filtering Excel data. Thus I will only briefly explain the - admittedly rather specific - abbreviations used in the file. If the names don't appear in the list, the persons probably come from another parish. In that case, you would have to check the original church register to see, if there's a note about the place of origin. Note: Bletges can also be spelled Blätges.

Column A
    T = Taufe / Baptism
    H = Heirat / Marriage
    S = Sterbeeintrag / Death

Jahr = year
    Seite = page
    lfd. Nr. = number
    Rolle = role
    f = female
    m = male

Rolle / role
    Bg = groom
    Bt = bride
    Ep_d_Vst
    erw.Pers
    Kd = child
    M_d_Bg
    = mother of the groom
    M_d_Bt
    = mother of the bride
    M_d_Kd
    = mother of the child
    M_d_Vst
    = mother of the deceased person
    V_d_Bg
    = fahter of the groom
    V_d_Bt
    = father of the bride
    V_d_Kd
    = father of the child
    V_d_Vst
    = father of the deceased person
    Vst = deceased person
    Zeuge = witness

Best regards,

Simone

• Hello Simone,

Thank you for explaining how the file works. I had already looked, but with your info it is easier. I did not find any more mention of both their parents. I did find on the internet mention of a Peter Brands who was married to a Trintgen Bletges. Do you think that Trintgen is an abriviation of Catharina? This is the message I found:

Am 2. November 1779 kaufen Matthias Strünckmann und seine Frau von der Familie Tidden ein Stück Land in der Ruhrau. Die Urkunde (im Familienarchiv Eickelbaum) aus Schweinsleder mit drei Siegeln, wovon eines fehlt, ist durch ehemalige Nässe in einem schlechten Zustand und kaum leserlich. Durch die Bänder der Siegel an der Urkunde befestigt ist ein Vertrag aus dem Jahre 1715, in dem Gerhard von Eysden und Christina von dem Kolck, Eheleute, ein Stück Land "in der Ruhr Au" an Peter Brandts oder Tiden und Trintgen Bletges Eheleute, verkaufen. Der Schluss liegt nahe, dass es sich hier um das gleiche Grundstück handelt (Familienarchiv Strünckmann).

• Great find! Trintgen is definitely Catharina. Just google for the two names. They're often mentioned next to each other - or one of them in brackets.

Please note this detail in the text you copied in: "Peter Brandts oder (or) Tiden". This means that Peter Brandts might also be appear as Peter Tiden or Tidden, i.e. he bears the name of the farm or piece of land where he lives / that he bought or the name of the family that he married into. This is very common is some regions.

Best regards,
    Simone