Franz Heizmann

• I have found my GG, Franz Heizmann, his wife Theres Echle and their 7 children in Schenkenzell, Germany. Franz was born in 1844, place unknown, and left Schenkenzell for America in 1881. I would appreciate any information or help you can give me in finding his birthplace.

• Franz emigrated with his 4 children, Katherine, Elisabeth, Franz Joseph and Konrad. Franz lived in Sherrill, Iowa USA, a small German community, in 1881, near Dubuque, Iowa. His wife, Theres had died in Schenkenzell in 1879. Franz sent for his nanny in Germany. She joined him here in 1881 and they were married. They had 9 more children.
    Franz farmed near Sherrill. He built a wonderful brick home. The home and two barns were built with limestone foundations. He also built a kiln on the farm that is standing today.
    Thank you for your interest in my family.
    Kind regards,
    Dorothy Heitzmann

• Dorothy,

sorry that it took so long to reply, but now I've found the marriage record of Franz.

He was born on Sept 27, 1844 and married on June 26, 1865. His parents were Joseph Heizmann and Katharina (surname hard to decipher).

I would send you the scan, but if you are interested, first I would look if I could find further records of the family.