Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AndreaNauman

Unregistered

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 4:15am

Fenchel - Schwaben, Germany

Please be nice this is my first post... :S

I have been researching my family history for over a year - and have come to a complete STOP.

I am stuck on FENCHEL of Germany....

This is as far back as I am able to find - and I am current to the present day.

I would like to find out more about the "Fenchel" Family in Germany - and anything related to them. Where they lived, how they lived, etc.

AND the first name of this FENCHEL below. I have not been able to find any additional information on Ancestry.com.

I believe Simon Fenchel was the first to come to the US...but I have no record of that.

I was not able to find him on a ship record or a Port of Entry.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I am helping my grandfather and his birthday is this week - hoping to give him some good news!!!

Thanks, Andrea

. FENCHEL was born WFT Est. 1670-1715 in (Schwaben, Germany), and died WFT Est. 1710-1795.
Child of FENCHEL is:
+ 2 i. Simon FENCHEL was born WFT Est. 1710-1741 in Germany, and died WFT Est. 1768-1826 in (Trappe, Montgomery, Pa).
2. Simon FENCHEL ( FENCHEL1) was born WFT Est. 1710-1741 in Germany, and died WFT Est. 1768-1826 in (Trappe, Montgomery, Pa). He married Apollonia SULIER 22 OCT 1758 in Old Trappe Church, Montgomery, Pa. She was born WFT Est. 1718-1744, and died WFT Est. 1768-1832.

• Birth: WFT Est. 1710-1741 in Germany 1
• Death: WFT Est. 1768-1826 in (Trappe, Montgomery, Pa) 1
The first immigrant of the Fenicle family. Most have been a redempti oner for he had a master Wm. Conerly who gave him permission to marr y in 1757 in the Augustus Evangelical Lutheran church. The first child was born six months later. A redemptioner was some times given clothes, tools or land when his time was served to help him get started.

Father: FENCHEL b: WFT Est. 1670-1715 in (Schwaben, Germany)
Marriage 1 Apollonia SULIER b: WFT Est. 1718-1744
• Married: 22 OCT 1758 in Old Trappe Church, Montgomery, Pa 2 1
Children
1. Anna Cunigunda FENCHELL b: 15 APR 1759 in Trappe, Montgomery, Pa
2. Johann Martin FENIKLE b: 22 AUG 1762 in Trappe, Montgomery, Pa
3. Maria Margaretha FENCHELL b: 6 SEP 1765 in Trappe, Montgomery, Pa