Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 3:36am

WWI Personnel Roster Translation help - Georg Jakob Nagle

Hallo/Hello,
I don't know if this is the correct forum for this, but I'm posting it here because of the content. I have an image of a WWI personnel roster for Georg Jakob Nägle. I can't make out much of the hand-written entries and so I'm wondering if someone here can help. Below I've given the information I was able to read and have indicated where I have questions. The image can be seen here , it's the 3rd entry.

Dienstgrad/Rank: ?
Namen/Name: Geog Jakob Nägle

Religion: ?

Ort/Location: Albersweiler (Bergzabern, Bayern)
Datum der Geburt/DoB: 2 Dec 1874

Lebensstellung/<translation>: ?
Wohnort/Place of residence: Albersweiler

Namen des Ehegatten/Name of Wife: ? , nee Schwenk; 4 children
<What is the last part of the column heading? 'dass der Betressende ledig ist'?>

Namen und Wohnort der Eltern/Name and residence of Parents: Jakob Nägle, ?, Marg. ? nee Schranz, Albersweiler

Dienstverhält/Conditions of Service:
a) frühere/before
1894 ?

b) nach Eintritt der Mobilmachung/after onset of mobilization
? 30.11.1916 ?

Bemerkungen/Remarks: ?

Thank you in advance.

Karen

peter-67

Trainee

Societies: Volksbund

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:13am

Hello Karen,

I can deciper the following.

Dienstgrad/Rank: ungedienter Landsturm Infanterist (Infanterieman, foot soldier)
Namen/Name: Geog Jakob Nägle

Religion: Protestantisch (=Protestant, Lutheran)

Ort/Location: Albersweiler (Bergzabern, Bayern)
Datum der Geburt/DoB: 2 Dec 1874

Lebensstellung/<translation>: Fabrikarbeiter (Zündholzfabrik) (=factory worker in a matchstick factory)
Wohnort/Place of residence: Albersweiler

Namen des Ehegatten/Name of Wife: Barbara , nee Schwenk; 4 children
<What is the last part of the column heading? 'dass der Betressende ledig ist'?>

Namen und Wohnort der Eltern/Name and residence of Parents: Jakob Nägle, Winzer + (winegrower, died before 1916), Margarethe nee Schranz, Albersweiler

Dienstverhält/Conditions of Service:
a) frühere/before
1894 als dauernd? untauglich Ausgemustert (=unable for working for the military in 1894)

b) nach Eintritt der Mobilmachung/after onset of mobilization
Am 30.11.1916 vem? Laz.(Lazaret) ? Landau ? eingerückt

Bemerkungen/Remarks: Am 20.6.1917 z. 1 E. ? Infanterie Regiment Metz versetzt.

regards
Peter
Dauersuche :computer:

Tobisch, Schuh, Pulz, Wagner, Halbhuber, Orgelmeister, Hergl und Kral in Böhmen
Hoferer,Riederer, Meier, Hofherr und Seidl in Bayern

Viele Grüße Peter

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "peter-67" (Nov 17th 2011, 12:05pm)

hhg

Unregistered

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:41am

Hallo Karen,

from an amateur:

Militairy Rank: unged. Bdst. Inf = undraftet member of Infantry (not sure about that)
Religion: prot = protestant/Lutheran
Lebensstellung: 'life-position' (professional status) Fabrikarbeiter Zündholzfabrik = Factory laborer in Match Factury
Wife's first name: Barbara
Header translation: that the concerned (person) is single
Note for father: Winzer = Profession: Vinter (growing grapes, manufacturing wine), deceased (the cross)
In 1894: auf Dauer als untauglich ausgemustert = for ever/permanently as unfit/disabled (for service) discharged
1916: vom Bez. Kr. Landau ?...? eingerückt = from Landau (county) issued (for service)
1917: ?.? = tranferred to another unit

Others may know better!

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 10:42pm

Peter and hhg, thank you both very much. I really appreciate it.