Telschow Family in Brandenburg

• hello~

Carl Wilhelm Christian Telschow b. 10 Nov 1829 in Kyritz, Ostprignitz-Rupin, Brandenburg, Germany. He immigrated to America in 1860 with his 1st wife Maria Dorothee Lemm and three children; John Frederich Herman, Minna Luise, and Carl Wilhelm . He died in 1908 in Houston, Texas.

I believe his father is Friedrich Christian Telschow. If anyone could help with information on Carl's parents and family I would appreciate it.

Regards, Seena

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Seena ()

• Hello,

I`ve this found:

Carl Wilhelm Tellschow was born 20.11.1859 in Kyritz. His parents are Carl Wilhelm Christian Tellschow (worker) and Marie Dorothee Lemm. Baptism: 04.12.1859 Godparents are Nagelschmied Reinbold, August Peter, Johann Hofmann, Jgfr Sophie Kamps, Jgfr Wilhelmine Neumann
    source: ev. Kirchenbuch Duplikat Kyritz 1852-1860

Regards
    Silvia

Prignitz: Blum, Brandt, Bockier, Cornelius, Fritz, Jahnke, Lange, Meyer, Milans, Schlefke, Schumacher, Schwartz, Strenge, Ulrich, Wegner
    Sachsen-Anhalt
    : Blücher, Busse, Gauert, Kabelitz, Kähne, Köppen, Kraul, Lehmann, Lucke, Matthies, Meyer, Paul, Platike, Priem, Rowolle, Rulf, Sauer, Schmidt, Stottmeister, Wiere, Windhaus, Wittenborn, Wulsch, Wustrau

Pommern: Griep, Lisch, Thoms, Treichel

• Hi Seena,

I`ve this found:

Friederike Marie Auguste Telschow
    was born 19.04.1872 in Kyritz. Her parents are Friedrich Ferdinand Carl Telschow (Worker) and Anna Katharina Hegermann.

Karl Hermann August Telschow was born 24.06.1873 in Kyritz. His parents are Friedrich Ferdinand Carl Telschow (Worker) and Anna Katharina Hegermann. Baptism: 27.07.1873. Godparents: 1. Tischlergesell Kersten, 2. Arbeitsmann Jahnke, 3. Arbeitsmann Tigör, 4. Jgfr W. Hegermann, 5. Jgfr A. Albrecht

Wilhelm August Johann Telschow
    was born 13.02.1868 in Kyritz. His parents are Friedrich Ferdinand Carl Telschow (Worker) and Anna Katharina Hegermann. Baptism: 01.03.1868 Godparents: 1. Sophie Telschow, 2. Wilhelm Lippstreu, 3. Auguste Hegermann, 4. August Hegermann, 5. Johann Völkmann
    Source all: ev. KB Kyritz 1867-1874

Christian Telschow (80 years) died on 30.11.1844 in Kyritz. He leaves behind his wife and 3 children. He lived in Sechzehneichen. It was a part from Kyritz.
    source: ev. KB Kyritz 1834-1851

Regards
    Silvia

Prignitz: Blum, Brandt, Bockier, Cornelius, Fritz, Jahnke, Lange, Meyer, Milans, Schlefke, Schumacher, Schwartz, Strenge, Ulrich, Wegner
    Sachsen-Anhalt
    : Blücher, Busse, Gauert, Kabelitz, Kähne, Köppen, Kraul, Lehmann, Lucke, Matthies, Meyer, Paul, Platike, Priem, Rowolle, Rulf, Sauer, Schmidt, Stottmeister, Wiere, Windhaus, Wittenborn, Wulsch, Wustrau

Pommern: Griep, Lisch, Thoms, Treichel

• Hi Silvia,
    Thanks for the above information. I'm not sure if he is related to any of them and since these dates are so much later, they would probably be nieces and nephews.

Carl Wilhelm Christian Telschow was born in 1829. Since all I know is that his father is Friedrich Christian Telschow, I don't know his mother's name.

Is there a source where I could find his christening record to find his mother's name? Or is there any information on Telschows in early 1800's?

Regards from Texas~
    Seena

• Hello Seena,

if you are a paying member of ANCESTRY.com you can look up the church books under

"Brandenburg Deutschland Zweitschriften.... look for Kyritz they start 1794

Regards Renate

• Hi Renate,
    Yes, I am a member of Ancestry.com. I didn't know that! Thank you so much for the information.

I have now searched, but still nothing.

If anyone comes across anything on them, please let me know! Thanks...

Regards from Texas,
    Seena ?(

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Seena ()