Sagert in Danzig in the 1860's

• I'm looking for any information on the family of a Michael Sagert born in Danzig in 1853. His father was Andreas Sagert and his mother is Porothex Willer (Not sure of the mothers's first name). They came to USA in May 1891 from Bremen on board the ship Saale. I don't think his parents came to America. Michael married Anna Korthas in 1882 and had 3 children with them when they came to America. Hope this helps. Thank you.

John

• Hallo John,
    welcome at this forum . I am looking for the names at the adressbook 1817 from Gdansk ( Danzig)
    First Sagert:
    Bleicher = bleacher
    P.Sagert, An der Radaune 1761

Seeschiffer = sea-skipper
    P.Sagert, Eimermacherhof 1761
    Reederei = ocean carrier E.Witting&Comp- ship Minerva -Pink ( a ship with 3 sailing vessels an raaen at the besahn - vessel ( last))
    -3 vessels, 2 decks of ship - skipper P. Sagert- crew 15

name of shipowner:
    C. Sagert- name of "Holzschute"= wooden barge: "Junge Ferdinand"( boy Ferdinand)- skipperJ. Karssen- crew 3

Willer:
    landlord of servants:
    B. Willer, Petershagen 73

brewer and bar- keeper (beer and brandy):
    E.Willer, Pfefferstadt 145

Kistenmacher ( to produce boxes):
    J.Willer, Am Krahnthor 1184

shoemaker:
    M.C. Willer, Langfuhr

grocer:
    Mm widow A.C. Willer, Kumstgasse 1074

regards
    Jutta

Es ist nicht das Wissen, sondern das Lernen,
    nicht das Besitzen, sondern das Erwerben,
    nicht das Dasein, sondern das Hinkommen,
    was den größten Genuss gewährt.

Carl Friedrich Gauß

Suche FN Wittmann und Angeheiratete-FN Hoffmann/ Oberschlesien-FN Naujock /Ostpreußen

Dauersuche Geburt Marianna ( Maria) Barbara Olschewski ca 1798 im Raum Dirschau

• No, they don't seem to have much. Seems like there should be records of Andrew and Dorothea or Michael and Anna somewhere in Gemlitz or Danzig. They didn't leave until 1890-91.