Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bush/Zielke/UK

Unregistered

Friday, April 13th 2012, 2:45am

Zielke. Spitzhut, Kaethler, Families, Danzig

I am English and live in the UK. However, I have a Zielke ancestor who originated from Danzig. My Father's maternal Great Grandfather was Christian Ferdinand Zielke, born 9 December 1839, in Danzig.

However, my Father's Great Great Grandfather was also Christian F Zielke from Danzig, but I have been unable to track a Date of Birth for him, or trace the Zielke family any further than this. Thus, I assume that he was born sometime before 1809 ? (As I know he married A Kaethler, who was also born in Danzig in 1809) ?

I am also researching Christian F Zielke's wife, A Kaetheler, (1809-75), who's parents were Johann Kaethler and Maximiliane Spitzhut ?

Any information on the ancestry of these families would be very much appreciated .

Moderator-Anmerkung:
Damit Arbeit nicht wiederholt wird, sehe auch / To avoid duplication of efforts please see also:

Zielke, Kaethler, Spitzhut, 1809

Friday, April 13th 2012, 10:40am

Zielcke

Hallo unknown Bush/Zielke,
welcome at this forum. Zielke(Zielcke) is a very common name at Danzig ( Gdansk).Here the Zielcke at the adressbook 1817:

Territorial police-force:
- D.G. Zielcke from Praust, chief-Bailiff of "Höhe" ( = Danziger Höhe)
-J.G.Zielcke, gardener=Bailiff at Neufähr at the Nehring
-J.F. Zielcke, gardener=Bailiff at the Höhe, Bailiff at Praust

Lutheran Church at country -side:
at the Höhe:
at Praust:
-J.J. Zielcke , chief
at Müggenhal
- M. Zielcke, chief

dipper:
-H.Zielcke, Kocksche Gasse 694

Needle,toys and tabulett- trader ( mobile trader):
- Mrs widow L. Zielcke, Breitgasse 1192

landlords (beer and brandy):
-F. Zielcke, Fischmarkt 1579
-J.G.Zielcke, Erdbeermarkt 1346
-C.Zielcke, An der Reitbahn 32

Victualienhändler = food-trader:
- J.G. Zielcke, erdbeermarkt 1346
- C.Zielcke, Reitbahn 32

Landwehr of territorial city of danzig
Infantry - at the Nehring - 4th Bataillon
-J. Zielcke, Sec. Lieuten.
at the Höhe- 1st Bataillon- 2cnd Compagnie
area bankau, Sullmin, Ottomin and Kowall:
- G. Zielcke , Sec. Lieuten.
Cavallerie - at Werder - 4th Esquadron
area: Sperlingsdorf, Wotzlaff, Scharfenberg, Mönchengrebin, Herrengrebin, Grbinerfeld, Schönau, Landau, Neuenhuben und Krampitz
- M. Zielcke , Sec. Lieutenant
at Höhe -1st Esquadron
area: Praust, Müggenhahl, Rostau, Ziplau, Gischkau, kemnade, Starszin, Prangschin
-D.G.Zielcke, cavalry captain

greetings
Jutta
Es ist nicht das Wissen, sondern das Lernen,
nicht das Besitzen, sondern das Erwerben,
nicht das Dasein, sondern das Hinkommen,
was den größten Genuss gewährt.
Carl Friedrich Gauß

Suche FN Wittmann und Angeheiratete-FN Hoffmann/ Oberschlesien-FN Naujock /Ostpreußen