Family Search Marriage Record Match but...

• Hello Hans,

Maybe there's a forum member who visits the city archive in Düsseldorf in the near future and could take a photo of the marriage entry. They can be viewed on screen (digitalized) in the archive. The names of the parents, birthdates and places of origin ought to be mentioned on the certificate.

Best regards,

Simone

• Dear Simone,

thank you very much for the information.

It would be great if someone could or would do me such a big favour.
    Do you have an idea what the most appropriate thread would be for that?

On the other hand it does take the fun away a bit.
    My wife and family is German so I could arrange going there myself.
    I've heard though it's not that easy to get info in Germany but this record is public if I'm not mistaken and it's my wife's surname.
    Do I just go there or do you have to make an appointment. I've read you usually have to pay something.

Many thanks,
    Hans

By the way, I can always help if translations are needed from Dutch. We live in Belgium.

• Ehrlich gesagt glaube ich nicht so richtig daran, dass im Originaleintrag Eltern angegeben sind, denn sonst würden sie normalerweise auch im familysearch-Eintrag stehen.

• Hello Hans,

As far as Düsseldorf is concerned the civil registers from 1800 onwards are digitalized and can be viewed on screen in the city archive. If you go there and do the research yourself, it's free. You can take photos from screen. The archive also has copies of most church registers covering the period before 1800. Making a reservation in the archive is highly recommended. All the information can be found here:

http://www.duesseldorf.de/stad…samtsregister/index.shtml

The city archive is close to the central train station. Parking lots are hard to find and expensive. Better go to a free parking site and go into the city centre by tram.

In general, please note that according to the German data protection law, birth entries are open to the public 110 years after the event only, marriages 80 years after the event and deaths 30 years after the event. If you're looking for more recent data, you would have to prove that these are direct ancestors.

Have fun with your research!

Best regards,
    Simone

• Heirat Bock - Dobski in Düsseldorf

Hallo Hans ,

deine Anfrage und die bisherigen Reaktionen haben mich neugierig gemacht, und so habe ich heute morgen im Düsseldorfer Stadtarchiv mal nachgeschaut. (Das ist nur 4 U-Bahnstationen weit weg)

Heiratsregister Düsseldorf- Mitte 1875 am 25.9. Nr. 594 :
    1) Es heiraten der Samuel Benjamin Bock 30 Jahre alt, geboren am 30.8.1845 in Wollstein Reg.Bez. Posen.
    Wohnhaft zu Jülich Reg. Bez. Aachen. Ehelicher großjähriger Sohn des zu Wollstein verlebten Schreiners Julius Rudolf Bock und der dort wohnenden Auguste Paulina Hoffmann.
    2) Magdalena Dobski, zwanzig acht Jahre alt, geboren am 17.7.1847 in ........Reg. Bez. Posen, wohnhaft in Düsseldorf, großjährige Tochter der zu .......verlebten ....... Stellmacher Franz Dobski und Amilia ? Drzewiecka

Die Urkunde ist zwar ganz gut lesbar, aber ich empfehle Dir zum vollständigen Verständniss im Stadtarchiv eine Kopie anzufordern !! Diese kann auch als Mail-Anhang bezogen werden. Adresse : stadtarchiv@duesseldorf.de ; Tel. 0211-89-99230

Die Urkunde ist wie folgt zu beschreiben : Register Nr. 7-0-8-1-0107 D.Mitte 1875/594

Viel Erfolg

Gerhard aus Düsseldorf

• Hello Hans,

You may then continue your online-research using the Poznan Project. This is what I found:

Protestant community in Wolsztyn [Wollstein], entry # 3 in 1843
    Julian Rudolf Bock (24) father: Samuel Dienegott Bock, mother: Johanna Susanna Lausch
    Pauline Auguste Hoffmann (24) father: Johann Samuel Hoffmann, mother: Anna Elisabeth Jaensch

Catholic parish in Gościeszyn Babimost, entry # 5 in 1843
    Franciscus Dobski (25)
    Aemilia Drzewiecka (18)

Note: According to my experience, if the Poznan Project doesn't mention the parents' names, they aren't mentioned in the register either.

For any research in the province of Poznan the following sources are also recommended.

Erklärung und Karte: Online-Bestände des Staatsarchives Posen
    http://www.basia.famula.pl/en/

Best regards,
    Simone

• Also, noch einmal vielen Dank.

Mittlerweile habe ich die scans vom Poznaner Staatsarchiv, Goscieszyn, Polen angeguckt.
    Magdalenas Geburt habe ich zurück gefunden und Franciscus Dobski und Emilia Drzewieckas Heirat Eintrage!
    Auch fand ich Carolus Dobski wieder, leider gestorbenes Kind (1 Jahr und 9 Tage alt).

Ich habe noch drei Fragen:
    * Kann ich ein kopie anfragen vom Scans?
    * Sind die Scans von Wolsztyn, Polen auch zu besichtigen?
    * Sind auch Daten digitalisiert früher als 1800? Die Catholische oder Protestantische Kirchearchiven?

Und letztens, achtte nicht zu viel auf die Fehler. Leider ist Deutsch nicht meine Muttersprache doch die Muttersprache meiner Frau :--)

Liebe Grüsse,
    Hans