Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 3:42am

Church Archives for Mecklenberg-Strelitz

I have found some leads to my family history for Lutherans from Mecklenberg Strelitz through German people I have met on genealogy sites. They have all referenced their source of info as the Evangelical Central Archive in Berlin. Yet when I write to the archive (I have tried twice) they tell me the same story:

In unserer Kirchenbuchstelle befinden sich fast nur Kirchenbücher evangelischer Kirchengemeinden in den ehemaligen östlichen Kirchenprovinzen Preußens, die heute zu Polen, Russland oder Litauen gehören.

I am confused! Have they changed their holdings recently? If not, how do I find a way to do my research long distance (from the USA) when they say they can't help me?

Thanks!

Dabney

Flexi

Trainee

Societies: Pommerscher Greif e. V.

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 11:06am

Hello Dabney,
The Evangelical Central Archive in Berlin maintains the church records of the former eastern territories that are now Poland, Lithuania .. are.
If I researched correctly, then you'd have to contact you here:
http://www.kirche-mv.de/Family-history-ELLM.1409.0.html
Good luck with your genealogy!
( Sorry for my bad english.. :-D )

Monday, June 25th 2012, 6:42pm

Hi,

which church books are you looking for?
Some church books (year 1877 - 1914) from Mecklenburg can be looked up online
at ancestry.com or familysearch.org

If you tell me name, location and est. year, I could look it up for you at ancestry.

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 9:33am

I am looking for 19th century in Parmen and Warbende, in addition to 18th century records in Krumbeck and Grauenhagen. It is very kind to offer to look up, but I have the ancesty and family search sites and they do not go back far enough...

Societies: MFP, Greif

Friday, June 29th 2012, 8:25am

Hello Dabney,

which names you are looking for?

See also:

FN HAGEN, BLUECHERT und SCHMIDT aus dem KSP Göhren (Grauenhagen)

Michael

magie

Trainee

Friday, June 29th 2012, 8:37pm

Hello Dabney,
The church in Parmen and also Warbende belong to the parish of Fuerstenwerder.
The email address is pfarramt-fuerstenwerder@kirche-uckermark.de .
You could try to get more information there.
Good luck with your research.
Greetings
Marion

magie

Trainee

Friday, June 29th 2012, 8:51pm

For Grauenhagen and Krumbeck you could write to bredenfelde@kirchenkreis-stargard.de .

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "magie" (Jun 29th 2012, 8:53pm)

Monday, August 20th 2012, 8:41pm

In Parmen and Warbende I am looking for the birth record of Caroline Bengelsdorf. She was born 1813-1814. Her siblings were born in these two cities.