Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

norton67

Trainee

• "norton67" started this thread

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 2:46pm

St Peter's Church Hamburg.

Hello,

Georg Heinrich Friedrich August ARMBRUST b. 1818 d. 1869. Organist St Peter's Church, Hamburg 1856. (see Musicsack.com)

Does anyone know where I can get more details on him ? I know he was also a composer of organ music and had a son named Karl F. ARMBRUST also a musician who may have been the father of Walter ARMBRUST.

As always any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all :)

Bob Armbrust
Port Orange, FL USA

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "norton67" (Sep 10th 2012, 9:31pm) with the following reason: More information: My Georg ARMBRUST was born at Itzehoe abt 1822 as shown in Itzehoe Census VZ1835. Family No. I.091F01 Address: Kleine Kapellenstase, No 133 I know there is a difference in birth year of 4 years but could this be the same Georg ARMBRUST that played the organ at St Peter's Church ? ALSO: I have more information (and questions) on this family if anyone is interested. Thank you :)

Kara

Trainee

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:47pm

hello Bob,

maybe this could help a bit

http://www.schwaebische-orgelromantik.de…st-immanuel.htm

in the middle of this page Karl is calles "son in law" of Faisst, Immanuel

Kara

I found something else, maybe it could be interesting: you can find the Orgelsonate (I don't know the english word for this) "Nun danket alle Gott" by Carl Armbrust in "Hamburger Orgelbuch" which you can buy at online-bookstores

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kara" (Sep 9th 2012, 7:02pm)

Societies: GGHH

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 8:03pm

Hello Bob,

some links, perhaps useful:
http://books.google.de/books/about/Die_n…AAJ&redir_esc=y
http://www.st-petri-buxtehude.de/veranst…ngen_sep_09.htm (see below: [b]19.00 Uhr: Orgelvorführung[/b]

und Texte aus dem Abnahmebericht von Georg Armbrust aus dem Jahre
1859. Es erklingen hierbei auch Orgelwerke von Georg Armbrust, der an
der St. Petri-Kirche in Hamburg Organist war). Perhaps the organist at St. Petri, Buxtehude, knows something about Georg Armbrust? Kontakt: reinhard.gundlach [ät] t-online. de

norton67

Trainee

Monday, September 10th 2012, 2:52pm

Kara and Jens,

Thank you. I'm checking into these leads now. There is a slight chance that Georg was a son of my g'g'g'grandfather but the birth years are a few years off. If anyone knows of a birth record for George that would be very helpful.

Again I thank you for your responses.

Sincerely,

Bob A.

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 2:45pm

Hallo,

Georg Heinrich Friedrich Armbrust ist gebürtig aus Harburg und am 14. Juni 1848 in Hamburg St. Georg mit Anna Charlotte Wilhelmine Horst aus Hamburg copuliert.

Georg Heinrich Friedrich Armbrust was born at Harburg and married 14th of June 1848 at St. Georg Anna Charlotte Wilhelmine Horst from Hamburg.
tschüsss

micheline

norton67

Trainee

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 2:27am

Thank you Micheline,

It looks more and more like this George is not the relative I thought he might have been. There were several ARMBRUSTs around the Hamburg area and I wonder if more than I have are also family members.

Again, thank you for your input :)

Bob A.