Help needed for a televisionprogram

• I am a researcher at a Danish televisionprogram, where we help people find and reunite with their long lost family. Right now I'm trying to find a man in Kiel and I hope someone can help me. His name is Hans Jürgen Wolfgang Hähnel and he is at leat 70 years old now. In 2005 he was still alive and I hope he still is.

His parents were Julius and Brunhilde Hähnel and they used to live in Herthastrasse in Kiel. Later Hans Jürgen moved to the Ramsee area and then to Denmark for a while where he married but from then on I have no trace of him.

Anything is helpfull - if someone in Kiel could look in a phonebook perhaps or find him in a database somewhere. I have no knowledge on how to search in Germany so any good advice is also very welcome.

I really hope someone can help me.

:) Louise

• Hallo Louise,

there are currently 5 Hans-Jürgen Hähnel (without Wolfgang) in the German directory, see http://www.klicktel.de/telefon…ra%C3%9Fe&streetNumber=Nr.

King regards
    Detlef

Sorry, maybe the link doesn't work.

Hähnel Hans-Jürgen
    Machabäerstr. 56
    50668 Köln
    Tel.: (02 21) 2 00 51 37

Sonnenscheinstr. 4
    01809 Müglitztal
    Tel.: (03 50 27) 50 02

Baderstr. 7
    38723 Seesen, Harz
    Tel.: (0 53 81) 12 14

Knappenstr. 11
    44799 Bochum
    Tel.: (02 34) 47 68 83

Michaelstr. 42 B
    09116 Chemnitz, Sachs
    Tel.: (03 71) 36 53 83

The first 3 were already in the directory 2004/2005 and additionally:

Hähnel, Hans-Jürgen u. Christa
    Prinz-Regent-Str. 61
    44795 Bochum
    Tel.: (0234) 476883

• Hi Detlef

Thank you soooo much. I will try and call them all and see if we have a match.
    One more question- if he is dead do you know if there is somewhere I can find his deathrecord?

Thanks for your help :-)
    Louise

• Hello Louise,

you can only get in possession of a death certificate/death resord, if you know where to research (which location of death?). And secondly there may arise barriers beause of data protection law. If you find out the location, you can ask me for a specific recommendation how to proceed.

Kind regards
    Detlef

• rying to find a man in Kiel and I hope someone can help me. His name is Hans Jürgen Wolfgang Hähnel and he is at leat 70 years old now. In 2005 he was still alive and I hope he still is.
    [...] Denmark for a while where he married but from then on I have no trace of him.

Why do you think, he is in Kiel again? Near KIel in Kronshagen a woman with same surname is in phonebook. If he was still alive at 2005, is that the time he left Denmark?

Jutta

* Vorfahren in Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein *