Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

norton67

Trainee

• "norton67" started this thread

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 4:44am

sharing some GOOD NEWS !

Look what I found, a picture of my g'g'g grandfather. I'm excited.

Thanks again to all who are so very helpful here, it's a great forum :)

Bob Armbrust
Port Orange, FL USA
norton67 has attached the following file:

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 9:55am

Yes, it's indeed exciting to find one of your ancestors in a history books and learn something more than just the name and a few dates. Have you identified any similarities - the ears or the nose perhaps?
Viele Grüße,
Simone

Familiennamen // Blog zur Familienforschung

Suche alles zur Abdecker-/Wasenmeister-Familie Pickelberger, Pickelsberger, Peckelberger, Peckenberger, Böckelberger, Pöckenberger, Böckenberger u. ä. Schreibweisen in Bayern und Österreich. Auch verwandte Berufe wie z.B. Schuster, Gerber.

norton67

Trainee

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 12:11pm

Haa haa ...

Hello Zimba 123,

I'm laughing because I seem to have acquired his rather large nose.

Thanks for your comment :)

Bob Armbrust

norton67

Trainee

Friday, December 14th 2012, 4:05pm

My mistake !

Hello all,
I jumped to conclusions :( The man pictured in this book is not my ancestor. The snippet of the page cut off the picture's caption. When I found a copy of the book I learned it was someone else. I had assumed it was my g'g'ggrandfather because the article was about him.

This book is still a great resource of family names of those in the S-H area that were involved with ships and shipping however and I recommend it as a good source of information. The title is "150 Jahre Blankeneser Schiffahrt 1785 - 1835" , author Jurgen Meyer. I found it on Google Books and then purchased a used copy online from a bookseller.

Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year !

:)

Bob Armbrust

Port Orange, FL USA