Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 4:39am

Families all over Europe

I will start with a list of my German ancestors and if appropriate add more families from Norway,England and France:

Kiessling, Julius Heinrich -Sachsen,unknown Gemeinde or Kreis *1818 emigrated from Bremen with wife and 6 children May 1866 ship J. L. Thiermann

Dost, Louis -Streckewalde/Zwickau-*1844 emigrated 1890 to Chicago wife Selma Bochman*1847 married 1872 Streckewalde

Wordelman(n),FriederichW(Frank) *1837 -WestPrussia-emigrated 1881 to Chicago with wife Caroline and family

Contze, Christoph Henrich*1800 Plettenberg Westfalen emigrated 1847 thru New Orleans with wife Marie Catherina Becker and family to Wisconsin

Nielsen,Christian*1840 Holdnaes(Holnis)Munkbrarup Schleswig emigrated 1857 to Chicago married Petrena Olsdatter Halvorsrud

Zoelle,Joannes Georgius * 1800-Erzingen Waldshut Baden married AnnaMaria Zimmerman emigrated 1852 with family to Wisconsin

Wetzel,Christian Friederich *1824 Schapow Brandenberg married Wilhelmine Marie Schwartz emigrated 1860 with family to Wisconsin

Tesdorf,Wilhelm *1835 Gross Linde Brandenberg married Marie Arndt emigrated with family 1875 to Illinois

Arndt, Friederich *1817 + 1870 Wuesten Buchholz Brandenberg married Mary Schumacher Widow who emigrated with family 1875 to Chicago

I will be posting queries for these on the regional boards to get further histories and connections to families who stayed in Europe

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 8:44pm

Just a quick note to let you know that Contze might also appear as Conze, Conzen or Contzen.
Viele Grüße,
Simone

Familiennamen // Blog zur Familienforschung

Suche alles zur Abdecker-/Wasenmeister-Familie Pickelberger, Pickelsberger, Peckelberger, Peckenberger, Böckelberger, Pöckenberger, Böckenberger u. ä. Schreibweisen in Bayern und Österreich. Auch verwandte Berufe wie z.B. Schuster, Gerber.

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 6:43am

Kisling,

do you know, that the church book duplicates (1810-1869) of Erzingen are online?
animei has attached the following file:
Gruß
Anita

woddy

Trainee

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 7:49am

Hello,

I have ancestors in Schapow.

Peter Woddow

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 1:45am

Thanks-I do know the name variations

Just a quick note to let you know that Contze might also appear as Conze, Conzen or Contzen.
I 've used all the variations I can think of and have had some sucess on the Family Search site. :danke:

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 1:56am

Erzingen online church books

Hello,

Peter Woddow

Kisling,

do you know, that the church book duplicates (1810-1869) of Erzingen are online?
I didn't know the KB's were online-can anyone send me a link-can we post links here? :danke:

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 2:00am

Gruß
Anita

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 2:01am

Schapow Ancestors

Hello,

Peter Woddow
Peter you have given me a couple links-you were not available when I visited there last OctoberI did take som pictures of the Chrch and town-it seemed like a "ghost town"-businesses closed etc. I would love to open a renewed dialogue with you and I may travel to Brandenburg/Poland in April/May 2013

woddy

Trainee

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 8:25am

Hello Dennis,

I am from the 6th May to the 12th May on vacation. Otherwise I have time for a meeting.

Peter Woddow

Friday, March 1st 2013, 7:49pm

My Europe Itinerary

Hello Dennis,

I am from the 6th May to the 12th May on vacation. Otherwise I have time for a meeting.

Peter Woddow
I'm concentrating on the Mediterranean Region on this trip_ plan on leaving Italy for France,up thru Germany,maybe to Krakow and your area before I return to Paris on May 22 for my flight thru Dubin and USA home May 24th I will be active online with my laptop in Europe from March 5th-May 24. I'll stay in contact_ I really want to meet you and spend a few days in your area-my Wetzel heimat. I am leasing a new Peugot diesel so I can go anywhere I like-I will be camping most of the time.

woddy

Trainee

Saturday, March 2nd 2013, 10:23am

Hello, I send you a mail. Peter