Wrist, and underwriter(s)/accomplice(s), accusants and agitators, versus
    Johann Armbrust junior and Paul Armbrust, defendants
    and agitators, with respect to the validity of the
    last will/testament of Dorothea von Leesen, now agitations

Kind regards
    Detlef

• Hello Detlief,

Thank you very much.

Wrist seems to be fairly close to Itzehoe and I have one Johann Matthias born 1820. There is a slight possibility this is him although difficult to determine. As I have mentioned in other posts here, there was a "cluster" of ARMBRUSTs in that area and it seems to me they may have been related. Each bit of information is a piece of the puzzle and I greatly appreciate the kindness of you and others that have given me so much help.

This forum is the BEST !

Sincerely,

Bob Armbrust

:)

• Hello Bob,

if your Armbrusters have been land- and/or house-owners this book may be interesting for you:
    Neumann, Otto , Das älteste Namenverzeichnis der Brandgilde Ölixdorf im Kirchspiel Itzehoe (= The oldest surname-register of the fire-insurance Ölixdorf in the parish of Itzehoe).It is including a list of names for those who insured themselves against fire in the parish of Itzehoe (1652-1702).
    The Mormons are in possession of a copy.

Kind regards
    Detlef

• Thank you Detlief,

I'll see if I can look at that book. I've never tried researching any information the Mormons have except online. I believe there is a center near where I live and that will be my next step. The earliest ARMBRUST in my line became a baker at Itzehoe. He was born (1789) an illegitimate son to a woman named WENDEL that I assume was a serf. As he does not appear in any of the Itzehoe census reports the eldest son of this baker left Itzehoe for Blankenese. I've determined this through marriage and christening records. He became a ship captain and owner during the mid 1800s. This I believe is during the time of transition from the feudal system.

I also wonder why this WENDEL woman, my 4th g'grandmother gave her illegitimate son his father's name of ARMBRUST rather than her own.

Thank you again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bob Armbrust