Translation check from Schlie, 1901, Die kunst-und geschichts-denkmäler . . .

• Hello again,

Could someone please check my Google translation below? A couple of words different seem to change the whole meaning. I am confused about the translation of "Bann", is that similar to a town receiving city rights? And I'm not sure if the donation was the sister or the land, or both. ?(

Thanks so much for your help, I'd be going around in circles without your help.

(Mrs.) Chris Swan
    Nashville, Tennessee

from Schlie, 1901, Die kunst-und geschichts-denkmäler des grossherzogthums Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

Das Dorf Boitin gehört zu den Stiftsdörfern, über deren Kirche das Kloster Rühn 1233 den Bann erhält. Auch erlangt es dort schon zwei Jahre später auf Grund einer Stiftung des Konrad von Schwan (Sywan), der seine Schwester ins Kloster gegeben hat, Einkünfte von fünftehalb Hufen.

The village Boitin belongs to the diocese villages, through its church the Rühn convent received the Bann in 1233. Also, it received there two years later by virtue of a donation from Konrad von Schwan (Sywan), who had given his sister to the convent, a source of income of 5 1/2 hooves (165 acres at 30 acres per Hufe).

• Let me try it once more for you:

The village of Boitin belongs to the convent's villages; over their [= the villages'] church the convent of Rühn received the right of religious jurisdiction [= Bann] in 1233. It [= the mentioned convent of Rühn] also received there a source of income of 4 1/2 [= fünftehalb -> literally "the fifth one half"] hides [of land] already two years later by virtue of a donation from Konrad von Schwan (Sywan), who had given his sister to the convent.

For the convent of Rühn cf. [http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kloster_Rühn], in German only but with pictures.

Pfalz (FN Werle, Kraft, Blauth, Briegel, Antes, Heil), Finistère (FN Salaün, Bécam), Hzm. Schleswig (FN Studt, Bendixen [Brarupholz]), Schleswig-Holstein (FN Dierck)