Johann Jacob Friederich und Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig 1780's-1860's

• Hi, I am a fifth generation Canadian looking for information on Johann Jacob Friederich and his wife Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig who were my ancestors in Prussia.

Their sons emigrated to Canada around 1859 and settled on farms in the Ottawa area.

My 2nd great grandfather, Carl Frederick, settled in Canada with his brothers, Johann August Ferdinand Frederick who was accompanied by his wife Emeile Henrettie Agustine Schwantz, and Johann Jacob Frederick (2nd) who traveled to Canada with his wife, Henrietta Caroline Wilhelmine Stephan and their infant daughter Johanna Wilhemine.

I found information stating that Carl Frederick was born on 04 August 1834 in Kaslin, Demmin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hello,
    Demmin is about 115 km far from Boitzenburg.

You can look here:

You can look under Google - Maps

viele Grüße
    Ulrich
    suche Volkemer >1720 Pfalz; Elsaß; Lothringen;
    Schmidt in Syrgenstein/Bayern-Schwaben und Lothringen Raum Bitsch > 1720

• Thanks, sounds nearby. Not sure what type of work Johann did and whether he would have move around the region.

Are their any marriage records from the surrounding area where I could track down the marriage of Johann Jacob Friederich and his Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig. Hoping parents are mentioned somewhere.
    I would love to be able to track further backward through the line.

• Hi,
    try to the german immigrationrecord .There is noticed their residence or birthplace.

Good luck

Dauersuche:
    Vorpommern: Schmidt-Metzling-Penz-Schwerin-Labahn-Schimmelmann-Sund-Mester-Reussler/Reusler-Lange-Hagemann
    Pommern: Tonn in Köslin - Marx in Köslin-Gadow(Stargard)
    Mecklenburg: Hadrath/Hardrath-Lüdcke/Lüthke-Osterland-Kittendorf-Paarmann-Kremer-Speerbrecher-Walje
    Memel: Lüthke/Liedtke
    Sachsen: Schirmer-Müller-Kreutziger-Kürbs-Fohrwerk-Heberer-Richter-Kühn-Fiedler