Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 2:48am

Johann Jacob Friederich und Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig 1780's-1860's

Hi, I am a fifth generation Canadian looking for information on Johann Jacob Friederich and his wife Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig who were my ancestors in Prussia.

Their sons emigrated to Canada around 1859 and settled on farms in the Ottawa area.

My 2nd great grandfather, Carl Frederick, settled in Canada with his brothers, Johann August Ferdinand Frederick who was accompanied by his wife Emeile Henrettie Agustine Schwantz, and Johann Jacob Frederick (2nd) who traveled to Canada with his wife, Henrietta Caroline Wilhelmine Stephan and their infant daughter Johanna Wilhemine.

I found information stating that Carl Frederick was born on 04 August 1834 in Kaslin, Demmin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, September 6th 2013, 2:02am

I found record of a Johann Jacob Friederich born in 1792 in Boitzenburg. Is this town close enough to be a match?

[img]http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/Sunfolk/Mecklenburg-SchwerinCensus1819forJohannJacobFriederich.jpg[/img]

Paladin

Trainee

Sunday, September 8th 2013, 3:46pm

Hello,
Demmin is about 115 km far from Boitzenburg.

You can look here:

You can look under Google - Maps
viele Grüße
Ulrich
suche Volkemer >1720 Pfalz; Elsaß; Lothringen;
Schmidt in Syrgenstein/Bayern-Schwaben und Lothringen Raum Bitsch > 1720

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 10:46pm

Thanks, sounds nearby. Not sure what type of work Johann did and whether he would have move around the region.

Are their any marriage records from the surrounding area where I could track down the marriage of Johann Jacob Friederich and his Johanne Louise Schimmelpfennig. Hoping parents are mentioned somewhere.
I would love to be able to track further backward through the line.

Saturday, November 23rd 2013, 4:35pm

Hi,
try to the german immigrationrecord .There is noticed their residence or birthplace.

Good luck
Dauersuche:
Vorpommern: Schmidt-Metzling-Penz-Schwerin-Labahn-Schimmelmann-Sund-Mester-Reussler/Reusler-Lange-Hagemann
Pommern: Tonn in Köslin - Marx in Köslin-Gadow(Stargard)
Mecklenburg: Hadrath/Hardrath-Lüdcke/Lüthke-Osterland-Kittendorf-Paarmann-Kremer-Speerbrecher-Walje
Memel: Lüthke/Liedtke
Sachsen: Schirmer-Müller-Kreutziger-Kürbs-Fohrwerk-Heberer-Richter-Kühn-Fiedler