Need help for Bispingen, Germany

• Hello, My name is Walter Lawrence - I am trying to find a death certificate for my great grand Uncle - Walter Hoins. He died in World War II in 1943. Their is a Monument in Bispingen, Germany with his name listed. I am looking for someone who might be willing to help me get his death certificate. Also I see that it is near Hamburg. If I were to post this under the region - which region is Hamburg located? :danke:

• Hallo Walter,

herzlich willkommen hier bei uns im Forum!

Bitte teile uns doch mit, wann und wo Dein Großonkel geboren wurde, dann ist es ein wenig
    leichter, Dir zu helfen.

Beim Volksbund http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche.html fand ich zwei Personen mit dem
    Namen, beide verstarben 1943.

Wenn Du nun seinen Namen auf einem Gefallenen-Denkmal in Bispingen entdeckt hast, sollte
    er dort zuletzt gelebt haben und seine Sterbeurkunde wäre im Standesamt Bispingen zu erhalten.
    http://www.bispingen.de/dienst…/id/18137/standesamt.html

• Hierzu gab es bereits einen Thread:
    Lost Family member on the Russian Front

Walter - To get a copy of the death certificate, please address to Uwe Meyer. These are the contact details for the civil registry office in Bispingen. Actually, the document should be in the archive already (since Walter Hoins died more than 30 years ago), but I couldn't find any contact for that. In smaller cities, the civil registry office and archive are often managed by the same person.

Gemeinde Bispingen
    Fachbereich 3 - Bürgerdienste
    Mr. Uwe Meyer
    Borsteler Str. 4 - 6
    29646 Bispingen
    Germany

Phone +49 5194 398 32
    Fax +49 5194 398 16
    u.meyer@bispingen.de

Please ask for a simple unauthenticated copy of the death certificate including all marginal notes (in German: "einfache, unbeglaubigte Kopie des Todeseintrages einschließlich aller Randbemerkungen"). It might be worth to ask for the birth certificate, too, as there might be marginal notes with further information about marriage and children.