Johann Ludolph Gabriel Klenke

• I'm trying to find my great grandfather, Johann Ludolph Gabriel Klenke or possibly Klinker, born 30 March 1857 In Klein Heuwisch. I think he died 23 November 1945 in Karolininkoog. He married Anna Margaretha Moller on 1 May 1881. Does anyone have additional information on the Klenke or Klinker ancestors? Thank you.

Karen

• Hallo Karen,
    kostenpflichtige Auskunft erhälst du hier im Kirchenkreisarchiv:
    http://kirche-dithmarschen.de/…ng/das-kirchenkreisarchiv
    * geboren in Heuwisch = Kirchengemeinde Neuenkirchen/Dithmarschen, siehe Bestand Seite 53-57
    + verstorben in Karolinenkoog = Kirchengemeinde Lunden/Dithmarschen, siehe Bestand Seite 47-52
    http://www.nordelbisches-kirch…_8_norderdithmarschen.pdf
    Viel Erfolg, beste Grüße sting

toter Punkt: Friedrich LUTHER * 04.02.1813 in ???
    einer der Landkreise der Provinz Pommern
    (Luther/Luthe/Lutter/Zuther/Zutter)

• Hello Karen,

I do not know anything about your ancestor, but I ask myself, if he could have been an descentant of the noble familiy v. Klencke in the southern part of Lower Saxony.
    The name "Ludolph" has been very common in that family...

Greetings from Hannover

Giacomo-Marco

IRGENDWIE sind wir doch ALLE miteinander verwandt... ;)

• Hello Giacomo-Marco:

I've also wondered if the von Klencke family is somehow related. As far as I know, Johann Gabriel Ludolph Klenke was a shepherd -- the few photos that exist show a poor man -- but it's worth a try to see if we are descendants of the von Klenckes. Thank you for the response.

Karen

• I have found some information on the Klenke family; namely Johann Regenmoller, born 7 June 1763 in Lieth, S-H, died 11 Dec 1831, place unknown. He married Wiebke Hoeg or Hoge on 23 October 1789 in Wohrden, S-H. Wiebke was born 5 October 1770 and died 19 March 1820. I found the book "Muhlengeschichte Dithmarschens" by Hans-Peter Petersen and Sandra Scherreiks. The book mentions Johann Regenmoller and his wife on page 245 and 257 which leads me to believe they were involved in the mill industry. I don't have a copy of the book-- only the index. Can anyone tell me what the book says about Johann and Wiebke? Thank you.

Karen

• Hi Karen,

the book reads an page 245 (about the mill in Neuenwisch/Woehrden): The mill, consisting of the mill house, the mill itself, a little garden and a small land, was bought in 1785 by an Carsten Johannsen for 3010 Marks. The mill worked fine, so Carsten Johannsen was able to buy the mill in Wacken, too in 1765. His daughter Anna Elsabe was married in May 1765 to the miller Martin David Hoeg from Jaren in Prussian Pommeria. On 21th of March 1767 Carsten Johannsen died. His wife Anna, born Schütt, divided the poverty between their children. The son Carsten was given the Wacken mill, her daughter Anna Elsabe got the Neuenwisch mill.

One of the daughters of the Hoeg-family, Wiebke was married to the miller Johann Regenmoeller from Lieth in 1789. First the two mentioned lived in Neuenwisch. As the miller Hoeg (the father of Wiebke) decided to end his profession by the death of his wife in 1791, the mill was not given to his daughter and her husband, but to his oldest daughter Anna Magdalena and her husband Claus Paulsen. Regenmoeller bought a mill poverty in Heide instead.

About this you can read on page 257 about one of the mills in Heide (which is maybe the famoust one, because one of the greatest poets of this part of germany, who wrote in "plattdeutsch" language, Claus Groth lived here in later times):

in 1791 the mill poverty came to Johann Regenmoeller, a millers son of Lieth, who left the mill in 1796 and founded a bakery in Heide, first at the market, later at the "Landweg" (nowadays Hamburger Strasse).. He sold the mill to Jochim Hinrich Moeller, a former shoemaker.

Then on page 144 about the above mentioned mill in Lieth:
    The follower on the Lieth mill from 1735 on was Baltzer Regenmoeller (Baltzer as a form of Balthasar, Regenmueller = Regenmoeller). Five Years after that his son Dietmar Regenmueller was the leading miller. This Dietmar bought also in 1756 the house, where formerly the millers lived in from the old miller (and seller from 1756) Johann Rohde. With Dietmar Regenmoellers son Baltzer the third generation of the family took the business in 1777.(This one has to be the oldest brother of the above mentioned Johann?) For the amount of 4500 Mark he got the windmill, the house, the land and all material belonging to the mill like sails, ropes, stones, weight etc, but also furniture and cattle etc. The mill worked fine, so he could buy more land around the mill between 1790 and 1809. In 1818, after 41 years on the mill, Regenmoeller tried to sell his mill "lying on the frontier between Marsh and "Geest" (the region where the flat marsh got a little of a hill side). But the final sell only of the mill took place in 1822 to a Daniel Diedrich Janssen from Arensboek (Eastern Holstein). But Regenmoeller still lived in the house with the land, probably till his not mentioned death.

I had a quick look in the 1803 census of Heide and found
    Johann Regenmoeller, baker and housefather , "in the north of landweg No. 85", married, 40 years old - in his household live:
    Wiebcke Hoge, his wife, 33 years
    Anna Catharina Regenmoeller, their daughter, 5 years
    Johann Regenmoeller, their son, 3 years
    Peter Christian Regenmoeller, their son, 1 year

Hope this helps

Gruß Brokstedt

Suche alles zu FN Giesenhagen (S-H, M-V, BRB), FN Kohl (S-H und Weickelsdorf/Sachsen) sowie FN Schubert (Raum Chemnitz)

Jede Form von Info-Austausch Dithmarschen (allgemein) interessiert.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tradition ist nicht das Halten der Asche, sondern das Weitergeben der Flamme (Thomas Morus)