Gueldner Family of Lohm

• Need parents of "Lena" Caroline Gueldner born May 29, 1865 in Lohm, Hessen, Germany please.

Caroline was the daughter of Mr. Gueldner and wife Wilhelmina Dorothy (Last name unknown). Caroline came to Texas about 1883 with her Aunt Mary and other Gueldner families.

Caroline married in Texas to Frederick Ewald. I have the history of the Ewald family of Lesum, Niedersachen. Caroline had two sons: John Edward Ewald and Albert Frederick Ewald. Caroline had 9 daughters.

Witnesses at the church christenings: Fredinand Fredrick Gueldner born Feb. 7, 1878 Lohm, Germany and Mary Wilhelmine Louise (Gueldner) Kitzman born Oct. 11, 1880 Posen, Germany children of Carl Gueldner and "Minnie" Wilhelmina Geise/Geese; other children Herman Carl Gueldner born April 20, 1873 Germany and Charles Gueldner born July 13, 1876.

Cousin to Ferdinand Frederick Gueldner was Gustav Friedrich Sauter born April 24, 1857 who came to Texas 1877. Gustav Sauter married Dorthea Wilhelmine Lippstreu. Ferdinand Gueldner is buried in same plot with Friedericke (Lippstreu) Wolf and Henry Wolf.

Friedrich Lippstreu born Jan. 12, 1823 Holzhausen, Brandenberg, Germany came to Texas about 1854 with wife Friedricke (Schmock) Lippstreu born 1821; daughters Friedricke (Lippstreu) Wolf born 1841, "Lena"Caroline Augusta (Lippstreu) Telschow born 1846 and Dorthea Wilhelmine (Lippstreu) Sauter born 1859.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Diane Kropp

• Hi Diane,

as far as I know I can tell you that Lohm is a village belonging to Amt Neustadt (Dosse) in Kreis [county] Ostprignitz-Ruppin in the federal state of Brandenburg. No idea where you got the information from that Lohm is in the federal state of Hessen.
    Güldner or Gueldner, by the way, is or was a pretty common surname in Kreis Ostprignitz-Ruppin.
    I think that Geise/Geese is Giese.

Regards,
    Willi

• Diane,

I cannot see „Aunt Mary“ on the Passenger List with Caroline.
    But did you see Carl Giese two lines under Caroline?

He was born in 1857 and died in 1935.
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-…=41&GRid=48107558&df=all&

His father was Johann, born abt 1824 and living in Texas as well. Maybe a brother of Wilhelmine Giese.
    1900: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3G3-PGL

And why do you think Wilhelmine Gueldner neé Giese cannot be Wilhelmine Dorothy, Caroline's mother?

• The obit for Lena Caroline (Gueldner) Ewald does not mention any siblings alive and Charles Gueldner, Ferdinand Gueldner and Mary (Gueldner) Kitzman were still alive when she died. Herman Gueldner died before Lena and his siblings are mentioned alive but does not mention Lena (Gueldner) Ewald who was alive then.
    So I do not think they were siblings but perhaps cousins...