Census or ??? before 1915 Barkehmen East Prussia

• Hello Everyone... I have found out so much about my Lakies Family since 1st coming here 2 years ago.With a lot of help we've gone back 3more generations to the 1840's!!!!!! One family member remains a mystery. I am looking for my Gr grandfather Adolph Lakies. I know he dies in 1915 in WW1. I know his parents were Friedrich and Caroline (Lange) Lakies. I know that he has many siblings and their birth dates example(Friedrich born 1873) I have looked at the LDS films from 1860 to 1884 and cannot find him :(..although this is where I found all his siblings.I also know that he married in 1898. His wife Amalie was born 1875.

My question is ...would there be a military record of his actual enlistment or actual death certificate? This would tell his age at death, or a Census of Barkehmen sometime between 1880's and 1915?.

As always I'll thank you for any help given

Lorelei

• Hey Lorelei,

there is an entry for Adolf Lakies from Barkehnen, Goldap from 6th Nov. 1915: http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/3289700 However, it's only the date of the listings, not his actual death date. Finding this may be even more puzzling since the military records were lost in fire 1944/1945. Alas you seem to be unlucky because in 1915 they didn't print the birthday (I think they never included the birthyear).

But at least it tells you that he served in the Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 33 - 5 Kompagnie. It fought in on the Ostfront.

Michael

Suchliste:
    Deutsch-Böhmen, Kreis Trautenau: Rose, Schirmer, Marcik, Sepper, Tamm, Baudisch

Hinterpommern, Kreis Deutsch Krone: Riebschläger, Lange, Hartwig, Schmidt, Göck, Polzin, Sperling

Mecklenburg, Kreis Wismar: Eggert, Schwarz

Zur Gedbas-Datei