Prussian Landwer 1827

• I have been researching my family history and have seen an entry in a marriage record which indicates that my 3rd Great Grandfather was linked to the Landwer.

His name was Vincentius Feledziak and he was born in 1802.
    He was married in 1827 in Szelejewo, Gostyn County, Greater Poland, Voivodeship.
    This would have been under Prussian control at that time.

Does anyone know of options available to find additional information about his army service.?
    What regiment, where would the Garrison be etc.

Vincentius had a number of children and the family remained in the local area since that time.
    By 1828, on the birth of his first son, his status changed to Farmer

Many of his decedents later served in the imperial German Army in the great war.

• Hello

for a first survey let Google translate the following page of the German GenWiki:

http://genwiki.genealogy.net/M…cher_Bund_.281815-1866.29

This would be the correct time of service of your 3rd Great Grandfather. Perhaps one of our experts knows if the GenWiki pages relating to the Alte Armee are also available in English, I don't.

Good Luck

Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

FENNER in Tlukawy/Hermstal/Wischin (Posen)

STIEWITZ aus "Strelen" in der "Niederlauselitz" (17. Jht.)

SCHÖNBORN aus "Rotenburg"/Neisse (18. Jht)

EICHEL aus Rostock (17. Jht.)

OSTERKAMP aus Hausbergen/Minden (17. Jht)

• Greetings Hedwig-Pauline,

Thank you for your help with my request.
    I know I have set a very difficult task because I have no other information about Vincentius.
    The church record is obviously over 200 years old and part recorded in Latin.

I see that Vincentius was resident on the distant Prussian / Russian borders.

I shall enjoy trying to make use of the pages you have identified for me.

Thank you
    Martin Feledziak

• I have been researching my family history and have seen an entry in a marriage record which indicates that my 3rd Great Grandfather was linked to the Landwer.

His name was Vincentius Feledziak and he was born in 1802.
    He was married in 1827 in Szelejewo, Gostyn County, Greater Poland, Voivodeship.
    This would have been under Prussian control at that time.

Does anyone know of options available to find additional information about his army service.?
    What regiment, where would the Garrison be etc. ...

Hi Martin,
    I'm not sure, maybe the (Gnesensches Landwehr-Bataillon) 3. kombiniertes Reserve-Landwehr-Regiment ??? (Gnesen is around 30km from Szelejewo)
    ;) Best regards,
    Jens

• Wow,

That looks like it is a great book and 1826 is just the year before Vincentius was married. I also see a reference to the 38th Infanterie Regiment at Posen ( Now Poznan ).
    That would also be close to him.
    I wonder at what age soldiers went into the reserve in the early 19th Century. Vincentius would have been 25 in 1826.

I know that his great nephew served with Pionier Battalion No29 in Posen in 1914.
    Also his Grandson served with Fuslier Regiment 37 "Von Steinmetz" at Krotchin in 1916.
    Both were killed.

This is very interesting information
    Thank You Jens

Regards
    Martin