Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 11:51am

Hohndorf & Arndt - Schwedt/Oder & königsberg neumark

Karl Hohndorf,a trumpetor in the 1 Brandenburg Dragoon Regt 2 stationed in Schwedt/Oder with his wife Minna Hohndorf (geb. Arndt)had three children all born in Schwedt:-
Elisabeth Pauline Gertrud Hohndorf......1880 died 18 Sep 1889 ,Charlottenburg,Berlin
Arthur Conrad Walther Hohndorf..........1881 died 1944 Landhausen Uber Eppingen
Erich Karl Hans Hohndorf................1884

My Great-Grandfather Erich Hohndorf lived in Berlin and was a founding member of Sports Club Charlottenburg. My father has a postcard sent by Erich to Maria Arndt & her mother (his aunt & Grandmother ?) Golzstrasse , königsberg neumark.
Familysearch throws up this marriage which MIGHT be his parents - allowing for a spelling mistake -6 June 1879Military Regiments 1 124 And 2, Neuruppin, Brandenburg, Prussia
Carl Heinrich Hohndorf & Minna Auguste Arnat (sic)- Do you think this could be them ? If so is there anyway of seeing the record online ?

HOHNDORF is quite an uncommon name so I am suprised I have found this line so difficult to research !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "johnrichter" (Jan 28th 2015, 10:00pm)

Dagmar.T

Trainee

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 7:54am

I have 3x grandparents ARNDT:
Wilhelm or Wieland Carl Ludwig ARNDT married Luise wilhelmine AHRENS about 1848?

at least one daughter:

Berta Pauline Louise ARNDT b1850 and married in 1869 zimmergeselle Friedrich Wilhelm REINSBERG b1848 Charlottenburg Berlin

Would we have any overlapping ancesters?