Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 3:43pm

Eckhorst - need help to find relative

Hi.

I have found some info about my relatives in this wedding info: http://www.sa.dk/ao/billedviser?epid=16520246#36589,5094235

My german is not that good, so I can't decipher it all.

As far as I can read, the farther and mother of the grom (wich should be Joachim) Johann Heinrich Heehl and xxxxx Magdalene? lives in Eckhorst at the time of the wedding.
As there are a few Eckhorst in Germany, I presume it might be this part of Germany, since they have conections to Flensburg and Holbøl in Denmark.

If for som reason the picture doesn't show, the link to it is: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Rf…feat=directlink

Can anyone help me on where to look, to find out more on theese two people? - mostly Johann, since I'm looking for the Heel/Heehl part of the family.

Thanks

/Maria

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "MariaLindHeel" (Jan 31st 2015, 7:13pm) with the following reason: The picture works in the editor-mode - so I don't know what's wrong.

Detlef05

Trainee

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 6:40pm

Hello Maria,

I read and translate:
Son of the worker/labourer Johann Heinrich Hehl
and his wife Magdalene Catharine
Hehl née Wichman resident
in Echorst.

I guess Echorst is misspelled, no Echorst or Eckorst in Schleswig-Holstein. But you are right: there are 4 Eckhorst:
zip:23617/ community: Stockendorf/ railroad station: Lübeck
24357/Güby/Schleswig
24782/Rickert/Flensburg
25767/Offenbüttel/ Albersdorf.

Kind regards
Detlef

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 7:10pm

geb. I guess means born.
What does née mean?

I search the cityname Eckhorst here: http://gov.genealogy.net/search/index

Then this picture comes:

The one I marked, I read as in Schleswie-Holstein, but I do not quite know what the different things mean.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MariaLindHeel" (Jan 31st 2015, 9:44pm)

Detlef05

Trainee

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 10:48am

Hello Maria,

you are more or less right: the German abbreviation "geb." is meaning "geborene" (feminine!). English "born" is meaning German "geboren". German "geborene" is meaning English "née" (or simplified "nee"). "née" is adapted from French language.

The requested "different things" are (I hope that is what you want to get translated):
Name = place name
Typ = typology/classification (here no cities but hamlets or parts of hamlets)
Übergeordnete Objekte = political structure from hamlet up to country
Postleitzahl = zip
GOV-Kennung = signature of the genealogical gazetteer.

Looking for details I found that my earlier proposals
24357/Güby/Schleswig

24782/Rickert/Flensburg
are meaning the same hamlet close to Güby. I am convinced that that is the one you are looking for.

Kind regards
Detlef

Henriette52

Moderatorin

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 11:05am

Hallo,

ein Eckhorst liegt bei Stockelsdorf, nicht Stockendorf.
Viele Grüße
Henriette :)

UrsulaK

Trainee

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 9:23pm

Hej Maria,

in the marriage record stands that Johann Heinrich Hehl was born in Renhefeld.
Renhefeld is a mispelling of Rensefeld.
That means that the right Eckhorst is that near Stockelsdorf!
I am not sure about the archive you have to write to. I think it is in Gleschendorf:
http://www.kirchenkreis-ostholstein.de/k…henkreises.html

Hilsen
Liebe Grüsse
UrsulaK

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 1:16pm

Thank you all for helping =). I'm sorry it took me forever to recheck this site.

I will try to contact the people that Ursula linked to.

Thanks again

/Maria