Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tolepainter" started this thread

Societies: Ancestry.com

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 12:57am

Answering posts

Hi!

Wie kann ich auf posts antworten? Ich habe es versucht, hat aber nicht geklappt. Linny

How do I answer posts that have the same name search like mine. Linny

Berlin-Bob

Administrator

Societies: CompGen

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 9:46am

Hi Linny,

Welcome to the Forum :)

is there no "Reply" button at the top right or bottom right of the topic ?

If you look at the icon to the left of the topic title, this may have a padlock on it, showing that the topic has been locked.

Please tell us which topics you mean, so we can help further.

regards,
Bob
suche mehr Ahnen für mein Website http://www.margulies-chronicles.com/index.DE.php (deutsch) / (english)
insbesonders Remenyi (Ruml), Margulies, Morser (Mörzer) in Polen, Ungarn, Slovakei, Österreich, ....

Sunday, April 12th 2015, 1:25am

Help with answers

Thank you for your help Bob!

Ich habe endlich entdeckt, wie man antworten kann.

Noch eine Frage: Ist es besser in englisch oder deutsch zu schreiben? Ich bin flüssig in beiden Sprachen.

Berlin-Bob

Administrator

Societies: CompGen

Sunday, April 12th 2015, 9:48am

Hi Linny,

Many forum members can read english, although some may have difficulties writing english, so on the whole, it would be better to write in german.

I would also suggest that you change your profile so that the whole forum appears in german.

Profile » Settings » Language: German

At the moment you have it set to english (and there an english flag next to your postings). Anybody who has set their profile to "german only" won't see these topics. Usually if I see an english flag next to a topic, I write a "german" topic, to point people in the direction of "english" topics, but if you set the language to german, then a) your topics will be more visible and b) I don't need to write a "german" pointer topic.

Another possibility would be to set the language of the individual topics to german when you start a new topic.
I've just changed the language setting on this topic, to try it out, and there is now a german flag showing, and it can be seen in the "german only" lists.
Suche nach bestimmten Namen

Perhaps you can try out both variations, to see which one appeals more :)

regards,
Bob
Berlin-Bob has attached the following files:
suche mehr Ahnen für mein Website http://www.margulies-chronicles.com/index.DE.php (deutsch) / (english)
insbesonders Remenyi (Ruml), Margulies, Morser (Mörzer) in Polen, Ungarn, Slovakei, Österreich, ....

Sunday, April 12th 2015, 9:18pm

Thank you Bob!

I will make the changes to Deutsch

Linny