Armbrust / Noethe Marriage

• Hello all,

There are records showing the marriage of Heinrich Wilhelm ARMBRUST & Henriette NOETHE 23 November 1872 at Bochum, Westfalen, Prussia. Also 2 children born thereafter.

In my family tree I have a Heinrich Wilhelm ARMBRUST, DOB about 1842 at Blankenese, S-H Germany.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to see if this is the same Heinrich Wilhelm ARMBRUST ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Bob Armbrust
    Port Orange, FL USA

• Hi Bob,

was ich hierzu als info dir mitteilen kann , ist: Heinrich Wilhelm Armbrust und Henriette Noethe haben am 23.11.1872 in Bochum/Westfalen geheiratet. aus dieser Ehe sind am 25.05.1873

evangelisch getauft Heinrich Wilhelm Armbrust.

2 Kind: Emma Armbrust wurde geboren am 30.10.1875 .Die Taufe am 28.11.1875 evangelisch in Uemmingen/Westfalen /Prussia

Die Recherche erfolgte hierzu aus der Datenbank: Family Search, das kann ausreichend sein kann aber muss nicht stimmen, deshalb mein Vorschlag lieber Bob, schreibe an das zuständige Standesamt

Bochum! über die E-Mail-Adresse standesamt@bochum.de oder per Fax unter der Rufnummer 0234 / 910 23 30 oder per Post (Anschrift: Standesamt, 44777 Bochum).
    Am besten du schaust dir den Link an.:https://www.bochum.de/C1257085…ntByKey/W29CQGKU714BOCMDE

Ich hoffe das ich ein klein wenig helfen konnte!

Viele Grüße

Simon

• Hello Simon,

Thank you. I looked at the Bochum website but I did not find anywhere to look for H. W. ARMBRUST. What I need is something that tells where he came from. I will e mail the address you gave me to see if they have anything more.

Thank you for helping me :)

Sincerely,

Bob A.

• Hello Bob,

the problem with data from 1842 (or 1872 for that matter) is, that the German civil registries (Standesämter) were not in instated before 1876 in the German Reich where Bochum was located.

Before that, all records regarding births, deaths and marriages were done by the Church registries. The Church registry of Blankenese (which is a borough of the Hanse-City Hamburg) is held by the Kirchenkreis Hamburg-West/Südholstein.

Address: Bahnhofstr. 24, 25421 Pinneberg, Germany
    Phone: +49 4101 84 50 510
    Mail: Guenter.Bergmeier@Kirchenkreis-hhsh.de

Further Information can be found at ancestry.de - this is a Google translate link so that you can read the Information:

https://translate.google.com/t…rchive-hamburg&edit-text=

In General, researching the church registries is quite time consuming so most requests will cost a few Euros.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Kai

• Hello Kai,

Thank you for posting that information. I know what you mean about the local Church Registries. I know too that there are many of them. Blankenese has their own and there are others nearby at Altona and one at the Suldorf Cemetery. There is also one Heinrich ARMBRUST buried at the cemetery at Suldorf but I don't know if he's a relation of mine or not.

I know it's a longshot but what I need is something in the marriage papers of ARMBRUST / NOETHE that tells either where ARMBRUST came from or perhaps who his parents were, or both.

Thanks for your help :)

Bob A.