Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 5:27pm

Research Assistance

Greetings, I am a direct descendant of Johann Wilhelm August Wolf (b 13 Oct 1820) that emigrated to the United States in 1854 from Weimar. Can anyone give me a contact to research his family in Germany? He emigrated with his wife (Wilhelmine Caroline Roemhildt) and 4 children (Charles, Heinrich, Otto and Lena) to Dayton, Ohio.

Thanks,

Mark Wolf

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mwolf153" (Jun 23rd 2015, 1:17am)

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 1:30am

This is the document I have that places Johann Wilhem August Wolf in Weimar in 1854. We also know that the family attended a Lutheran Church in Dayton, Ohio USA after emigrating to the USA. I have sent a message to the Church of St. Peter and Paul in Wemar requesting research assistance.

Thanks in advance for helping,

Mark Wolf
Mwolf153 has attached the following file:

HelmutS

Beginner

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 1:04pm

Hallo Mark,

a very useful means for my research was the archives of the churches of Mitteldeutschland. (http://www.landeskirchenarchiv-eisenach.de/).
Alas they are not online, so you have to come to Eisenach yourself or you find somebody who does the researches for you.

Greetings

Helmut Mengs

Friday, July 10th 2015, 4:14am

Helmet,

Thank you sir, I will look into this.

Mark Wolf