Popke and Ogerousky Families

• I'm trying to track down a William/Wilhelm Popke and Elizabeth Louisa Ogrerousky. I don't know if either were born in S-H, but I'm hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction. William/Wilhelm was born about 1835 in Prussia/Germany and Elizabeth was born in either 1837 or 1844, also from Prussia/Germany. They immigrated to the U.S. about 1874, to the State of New York first, and then moved on to Minnesota in about 1882. They moved to an area in Minnesota where there were other immigrants from the S-H area. William and Elizabeth allegedly had two daughters before they departed Germany: Mary born Mar 1871 and Augusta, born 2 Aug 1872. Don't know their birth location. Another daughter, Elizabeth, was born at sea in 1874.

I'm thinking that perhaps both the Popke and Ogrerousky names are from the eastern part of Germany? Maybe near the Polish border? Could the names be Russian? Or Ukranian? If anyone can assist, I would be grateful. Thank you. :danke:

Karen

• Thomas:

Thank you! I was able to find the complete passenger manifest for the ship Gessner. Appreciate your assistance.

I'm still trying to track down where the Popke and Ogrerousky families originated. Does anyone have any ideas of where I might start looking? I've looked through the German records (at least those I have access to) but haven't found anything.

Karen