Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 11:41am

Abbreviations in ofb data

I am trying to extract data from some OFB's and am having problems with the Mühlenliste data. I have found it is not a mill list which is the literal translation, but they are lists of people taxed for grain milling. There are some tables that have headings like

Wm Ww S 12+ T 12+ Kn Mä Dj Mg Im Iw S T A S T J M S

I have worked out the first four columns are the man and woman as head of the household and the number of sons a daughters over 12, I am fairly certain the Im and Iw refer to servants, from Instman, perhaps the next S and T are for servants children, the next S and T seems to be children of the head of the household under 12 (and not taxed.) I would like to know what the other columns are.

Some tables have a slight change

Wm Ww S 12+ T 12+ Kn Mä Dj Dm bSol Alt S <12 T <12 Sol

This adds a column bSol which I do not understand, but having Alt instead of just A might mean there is a count of old people who were taxed differently. The S in the first line might be Sol in the second but I have no idea what it means.

Later entries do not have the sons and daughters under 12 columns but use

K 1J 2J 3J 4J 5J 6J 7J 8J 9J 10J 11J

which I take to mean children of 1 year, 2 year .. 11 year, without any gender distinction.

Any pointers on what the column abbreviations mean would be most helpful.

Societies: AGoFF, AGGM (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Genealogie Magdeburg), GGHH, AKVZ Schleswig-Holstein

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 12:16pm

Please specify in which OFB you have found the respective abbreviations.
Gruss

Hedwig-Pauline

Dauersuche:

FENNER in Tlukawy/Hermstal/Wischin (Posen)

STIEWITZ aus "Strelen" in der "Niederlauselitz" (17. Jht.)

SCHÖNBORN aus "Rotenburg"/Neisse (18. Jht)

EICHEL aus Rostock (17. Jht.)

OSTERKAMP aus Hausbergen/Minden (17. Jht)

Monday, July 18th 2016, 9:21am

The OFB Shaaken/