Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:40pm

Roper and Thimijan Families

I'm looking the ancestors of a John/Johann Roper that immigrated to the U.S. in 1856 on the ship Saranak departing from Ireland. He travel with three children, David, age 14, Eliza, age 7 and Ellen, age 5. No last names of the children on the manifest, but I believe the children may be John's siblings. All I know is he was born in Dec of 1834 in Mecklenburg. He settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. I have no other information.

I'm also looking for the ancestors of Ludwig Thimijan/Timijon/Timiyan also born in Mecklenburg abt 1795/96. He married a lady name Mary/Marie/Maria before 1830. He also immigrated to the U.S. sometime before 1867. Ludwig also settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. Ludwig's daughter, Anna Mary, married John/Johann Roper in the U.S. -- probably in Goodhue County. Can anyone assist in finding the ancestors of both families? Thank you.

Karen

Societies: Verein für Familienforschung in Ost- und Westpreußen - vffow - ancestry.de - ancestry.com

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 12:45am

Hi Karen,

I looked at the ship list and noticed that this ship departed from Liverpool and not from Ireland.
When it comes to the children there is this sign " under his last name which means they have the same
last name than him.

I can not find the familyname Roper in Mecklenburg neither the name Thimijan and so on.

Regards
Renate from Berlin/Germany

Saturday, October 21st 2017, 8:15pm

There was a family of Thimijans from the Sophienhof district in the town of Loitz in the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald. The family name was spelled in my different ways: Thymejan, Thimijan, Thimyan, Thimjan, Thymjan. My Ludwig was born about 1795/1796. Again, Ludwig married a lady named Mary/Marie/Maria before 1830. He also immigrated to the U.S. sometime before 1867. Ludwig and Mary settled in the Goodhue County, Minnesota area. Ludwig's daughter, Anna Mary, married John/Johann Roper/Roeper in the U.S. -- probably in Goodhue County. Can anyone assist in finding the ancestors of both families? Thank you.