Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cassio

Trainee

• "cassio" started this thread

Friday, January 6th 2017, 7:08pm

Wendhausen heraldry

Hello!
My name is José Cassio Wendhausen, and I´m a novice in the heraldry subject, so, excuse my mistake in the following lines.

Fisrt, as a background, here it goes a few details about me and my familly:

- Engelbert Wendhausen and his spouse, Elisabetha (or Elisabeth) Sculzenn are the oldest ancestors that I know the names. Engelbert born between 1790 and 1808 in Germany, unknown province.
- Engelbert and Elisabetha had two children: Heinrich Wendhausen (1821-1892) and Wilhelm Wendhausen (1824-1904), both born in Germany.
- Wilhelm married with Louisa and fixed residence in USA. They had four children.
- Heinrich married with Maria Eva Gesser and fixed residence in Brazil.
- Heirich and Eva had eight children, one of them, Germano Wendhausen (my great grandfather - 1853-1930) had a relationship with Edwiges Pinto. They had one son, named Frontino Sebastião Wendhausen.
- Frontino married with Filomena Jhansen Regente and had eight children, being Jove Patrício Wendhausen (my father-1925-2002) one of them.

After to read the text and see the coats presented in the following links:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendhausen_(Adelsgeschlecht)
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wappen_Wendhausen.png

A few questions comes to my mind:
1- The coats showed in the links above are real ones?
2- There is something wrong to use one of them as a coat of my family?
3- If there isn´t nothing wrong, which of them could make more sense for me to use?

In advance, thanks!!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "cassio" (Jan 13th 2017, 11:31am)