Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 1:53am

WW1 Casualty List - can't find my people now...

I did data entry and also searched through the pages to find my grandfather and great uncle, both of whom hadn't been entered into the database at that time. Now neither come up when I do a search. In fact neither to the three or four others from their birth place that used to be in the database.

Henriette52

Moderatorin

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 10:51am

Hallo,

ich habe das Thema mal hierher verschoben, damit Du auch Antworten bekommst.
Viele Grüße
Henriette :)

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 11:06am

Would you mind to let us know the names, please, so that we can check that? We can't help without any further information, I'm afraid.
Viele Grüße,
Simone

Familiennamen // Blog zur Familienforschung

Suche alles zur Abdecker-/Wasenmeister-Familie Pickelberger, Pickelsberger, Peckelberger, Peckenberger, Böckelberger, Pöckenberger, Böckenberger u. ä. Schreibweisen in Bayern und Österreich. Auch verwandte Berufe wie z.B. Schuster, Gerber.

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 8:09am

When I searched my grandfather's name there were 14 entries, just now when I searched there are 61. His birth place yesterday there were no names, today there are five.

Svenja

Moderatorin

Location: Kanton Luzern, Schweiz; Herkunft: Kanton Zug, Schweiz

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 7:06pm

Hi Kscheffler

Which casuality lists do you mean, the Verlustlisten or the Vermisstenlisten?
Do you mean the ones of the German Army or the ones of the Austrian Army?

As zimba said before, we need to know which name and which place you are searching in the casuality lists.

Which and how many search-fields have you filled in? Did you filled in the same search-fields at every time?
What did you fill in in the search-field for the place, only the name of the place, or only/also the name of the Landkreis?

Regards

Svenja
Geschichten zu meinen Vorfahren und auf den Spuren der ITEN-Familien in den USA.
http://iten-genealogie.jimdo.com/
Mit Linklisten: Auswanderung, Kriegsschicksale, Deutsche Ostgebiete, jüdische Genealogie.

JPS

Trainee

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 10:16pm

:| Sir, do you even want help or do you just want to let us know that your researches are unsuccessfully?

It alomst seems like you try to avoid by all available means sharing informations that could be helpfull... :wacko: ?(
Lg, JPS - Die Toten sind nicht tot, sie gehen mit, unsichtbar sind sie nur, unhörbar ist ihr Schritt. (Gorch Fock 1880 - 1916)

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 7:37am

I was simply trying to find out why information that I know was previously in the database was not showing up when I did a search. This was with the German Verlustliste. Everything seems in order now.