Luisa Philippina Möhrlin Strasbourg, Alsace born about 1852 Rohr

• Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone has been doing research on the Möhrlin or Möhrelin family? My great grandfather was Benno Karl Sigfried Rohr born 9/2/1940 in Rosenthal. Easily found on www.ancestry.com. He married Luisa (Luise) Philippina Möhrlin. I would like to find the birth or marriage record for her. She was born about 1852 based on a birth record of one of her children.

I have found 3 of their children all born in Strasbourg, Alsace. I found these in the Bas-Rhin Civil archives which are French now. Elisabeth Margaretha Albertine Luise Rohr born 10/27/1875. She married a man named Fidel Oskar Vinzens Balken on 2/14/1920 in Gießen, Hesse, Germany. The 2nd child was Clara Margaretha Luise Salomea Rohr born 5/28/1877. I haven't found any additional information on her. The 3rd child I found is my grandfather who moved to America. He was Friedrich Carl Alfred Rohr born 10/23/1879.

I believe they had more children I have yet to find. Benno Karl Siegfried Rohr traveled quite a bit as he was a tax collector for the Prussian Army. A 2nd Lieutenant. So, any additional children where probably born elsewhere in Germany.

Any help in the search for Luisa Philippina Möhrlin would be appreciated. I can be reached at johnleerohl@gmail.com

Danke, John Rohl