Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 19th 2017, 6:53pm

Gustav Adolf Wangel, born 1724 in Stralsund

I am researching my wifes family going back to Gustaf Adolf Wangel, born Sep 16, 1724 in Stralsund.
He had a military career and the data I have are from the Swedish military records.
In his records it is stated:

1738, june 16 accepted as a volunteer at Baron General Major Schwerins Regiment, later named Kongl Sprengtportens regiment.
In 1742 he voluntarily went to Finland and was accepted Aug 4 at Svea Livgarde.

I would greatly appreciate any leads or suggestions to where I can find his birth records and information on parents and relatives.

In doing internet searches on Wangel, I have discovered cities/regions as well as beer with that name.
The family name Wangel has shown up in searches but not in the right area and timeframe.

Thanks

Ott

Societies: Pommerscher Greif e.V., Verein für Computergenealogie,

Monday, November 20th 2017, 5:40pm

The pages https://www.familysearch.org/search/film…9601&cc=1475887 may help. They are the church book card index STralsund 1600 - 1900 and are online accessable, if you are registerd (for free) at familysearch.

Regards Margret

Saturday, November 25th 2017, 4:57pm

Thank you Margret for the lead.
I was very hopeful but after going through the records I have not found a match.

Is there another city/parish close to Stralsund that would be worthwhile searching?
Or are there any way to search based on birth date in case he changed his last name ?

Many thanks

Magnus