Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Asharp

Trainee

• "Asharp" started this thread

Monday, January 29th 2018, 4:53pm

One more, Reading Help

Hello: Could I please get help reading one more document? (German genealogy is very new to me.)
Sorry, to make it <80 KB, i had to cut it in 2.

I see (#1): "Jacob Faüser Grenadier (brügdar?) (obri?) Wachtmeister von (Cranzburg.?) Compagnie, (ein Wittwer ?)
Meistar dass Schuhmachers HandWerkes."

(#2): "Johana, (Wejl.?) Gottlieb Maürers (gelt___?) (Cergers?) und Schuhmachers (all___?) (S_____?) Wittib."

Thank you! :danke:
Asharp has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Asharp" (Jan 30th 2018, 12:22am)

J. Steffen

Monday, January 29th 2018, 7:42pm

Hallo
hier zu 2:
Johana, Weÿl:
Gottlieb Mau-
rers gewesenen
Bürgers und Schuh-
machers allhier
hinterlaßene
Wittib
MfG, J. Steffen

Monday, January 29th 2018, 7:57pm

1):
Jacob Bausen
Grenadier bey der
Obrist Wachtmeister
von Cranzburg[ischen]
Compagnie,
ein Wittwer, Mei-
ster deß Schuh-
macher Hand
werkes."
Viele Grüße
h :) nry

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Krieg ist nicht gut für die Möbel." (Andreas Rebers)

Asharp

Trainee

Monday, January 29th 2018, 8:26pm

Thank you so much, J. Steffen and Henrywilhelm! :)

:?:1. "Grenadier bei der Obrist Wachtmeister"-- Jacob was a grenadier and sergeant, for the colonel?
^^ 2. "Allhier hinterlassene"-- ?

Again, thank you, and many regards!

Monday, January 29th 2018, 10:29pm

Yes, Jacob was a Grenadier. He served in a company whose chief was the Obristwachtmeister "Von Cranzburg" (that's how I do understand). "Obristwachtmeister" was later on called "Major".

"Allhier hinterlassen" means: "left behind here" (in this case as a widow)

(But maybe Detlef05 knows better :D )
Viele Grüße
h :) nry

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Krieg ist nicht gut für die Möbel." (Andreas Rebers)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "henrywilhelm" (Jan 29th 2018, 10:33pm)

JPS

Trainee

Monday, January 29th 2018, 10:59pm

I'll try to translate you the two entries:

Dt.: Jacob Bausen, Grenadier bey der Obrist Wachtmeister von Cranzburg[ischen] Compagnie, ein Wittwer, Meister deß Schuhmacher Handwerkes.
En.: Jacob Bausen, serving as grenadier in the Compagnie of Major "von Cranzburg". He is a widower and master shoemaker.

Dt.: Johana, Weÿl: Gottlieb Maurers gewesenen Bürgers und Schuhmachers allhier hinterlaßene Wittib.
En.: Johanna, widow of the already passed-away citizen and shoemaker Gottlieb Maurer (who died or at least lived in the end of his life in the same town/place where Johanna lived at the time of this entry)
Lg, JPS - Die Toten sind nicht tot, sie gehen mit, unsichtbar sind sie nur, unhörbar ist ihr Schritt. (Gorch Fock 1880 - 1916)

Asharp

Trainee

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 12:21am

Henrywilhelm, J Steffen, and JPS,
Thank you very much for your patience and help!
I also found more information on the internet, with the spelling "Oberst" Wachtmeister.
I only started this research a few weeks ago, and I only know a few words of German language, so I much appreciate this forum's guidance!
Regards.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Asharp" (Jan 30th 2018, 1:09am)