Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 10:36pm

Wenzel MAXA, death certificate or birth certificate

I am looking for information on the death of my great uncle Wenzel Maxa who was born in 1881 and possibly baptized in Simsfilz Gemeinde Stephanskirchen in Bayern Germany. I also believe he was killed during the Great War. Any information about Wenzel Maxa would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris W

Societies: Verein für Familienforschung in Ost- und Westpreußen - vffow - ancestry.de - ancestry.com

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 7:08pm

Hi ChrisW,

I cannot find a Village/town/city by the name of Simsfilz. Can you look at your documents again.

Regards
Renate from Berlin

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 10:20pm

Hello Renate, I looked again it is Stephanskirchen Simsfilz Kreis Rosenheim. Sorry about the confusion. Hope this clarifies. These old documents are hard to read some times. Chris W

Societies: Verein für Familienforschung in Ost- und Westpreußen - vffow - ancestry.de - ancestry.com

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 11:49pm

Hi ChrisW,

well I found the town of Stephanskirchen. BTW was Wenzel Maxa catholic?

And what do you mean by "he was killed during the great war"? Meaning WWI ( 1914-1918 )

I did find a Wencel Maxa on Ancestry.com; he was a PVT; his fathers name was Joseph J Maxa and lived in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Coincidence?

Regards Renate

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 7:55am

The place is Simserfilze.
animei has attached the following file:
Gruß
Anita

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 2:20pm

:thumbsup: :danke: Wahnsinn Anita, daß Du diesen Ort gefunden hast.

LG Renate

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 3:02pm

Hi ChridW,

since Anita found the place I will write a email to the town of Stephanskirchen to find out more about Wenzel Maxa.

Regards
Renate