Hans Stix WW1-Ära-Erkennungsmarke/WW1 Era dog tags need help identifying family members.

• Hello, my name is Justin Randall. I am a university student in the United States, I have a set of dog tags from WW1. They are from a soldier who was declared MIA in the conflict, I would like to return them to the family.

Please assist me in this endeavor.

Hans Stix
    Weiden
    30 12 98
    Bay 9 JR 2 MGK 479

• Hi Justin

the following has been published in the "Deutsche Verlustlisten":

Nov 9, 1918: Stix Hans, seriously injured and missing
    May 22, 1919: Stix Hans, until now ser. inj. and missing, now prisoner-of-war

Bavarian WWI-rosters tell us that he was back from prison Nov 1st, 1919.
    Another information from that source: at the time of the first listing ( 1916) he was "Seminarist" priest candidate, student.

Regards,

Thomas

• I've read the "Deutsche Verlustlisten" and was aware that Hans Stix was MIA. Unfortunately, I do not read/speak German well so any translation is rough. Are you aware of any other family members that lived after the wars?

• Hello Justin,

this is a great idea of you!

Maybe you should just try to contact these persons, as they might be descendants of Hans (the still live close to Wilhelmsthal-Steinberg / Weiden) and the name "stix" is quite uncommon in this region of Germany:
    https://www.dasoertliche.de/Co…t&kw=stix&ci=wilhelmsthal

To sum it up and to add some data from Ancestry:

Name: Hans Stix
    Religion: roman catholic
    Residence (~ 1916): Weiden, BA Lichtenfels (should be this one: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weiden_(Weismain) )
    Born: 30.12.1898 in Weiden
    Profession: Seminarist (priest candidate/student)
    Parents: Fritz Stix, teacher, and Berta neé Starkmann, residing in 1916 in Steinberg (now part of Wilhelmsthal), Kronach, Bavaria.

Lg, JPS - Die Toten sind nicht tot, sie gehen mit, unsichtbar sind sie nur, unhörbar ist ihr Schritt. (Gorch Fock 1880 - 1916)