• Years ago I began my research into how my ancestors came to America. I could find little information before 1847 for quite awhile.

George Alheim (Ahlheim?)

I am now in the planning stages of visiting Germany in April and would like to determine the places I will visit. I have narrowed down the areas near Einhausen as I seem to remember this is where my research led me (My wife and I wish to spend time in Berchtesgaden as well.)

I can trace with certainty to George Alheim (1847-1923, baptism: Evangelisch, Schwanheim, Starkenburg, Hesse-Darmstadt) and his wife Lucinda Cramer (1853-1933). I believe George's parents are
    Philipp Alheim (1822-1902, Christening: Evangelisch, Schwanheim, Starkenburg, Hesse-Darmstadt) and Elisabeth Seib (1814-1895)

Although I can not recall now, I believe Philipp's parents were Johann Valentin Alheim (1794-?, Evangelisch, Schwanheim, Starkenburg, Hesse-Darmstadt) and Anna Elisabetha Hartmann (1794-?, Evangelisch, Schwanheim, Starkenburg, Hesse-Darmstadt)

My questions are: Am I correct in thinking Einhausen would be where my family name originated? Is there a contact there to continue my research?

Thank you for your time. I look forward to visiting Germany again in April (I was last there in 1992!)

Steven Alheim

:danke: