Search Forum

Our Magazines

Dear visitor, Welcome to Forum zur Ahnenforschung . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 3:35pm

[English] Kobel family help

Hello,

I'm Kevin from Buffalo, NY

I have lots of German roots in my family, so I will be reaching out for help for more in the family later. Right now, I've run into an issue with researching the Kobel family name from my tree.

What we do know for sure from family history is Joannes Adamus Kobel . He would be my 3rd Great Grandfather. My second great grandpa would be George.

The issue I have it with the 4th great grandfather and beyond. I'm nearly certain his name is "Christian" (spelled "Xtiani" in documents) . His link is here: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LZF5-QSN

Beyond that, it gets confused. It looks like his father was Johann Adam Kobel, who's father appears to be Andreas Kobel. But now we get into the crazy spellings of the last name (example Kapple, Cable). According to his profile, he was allegedly married to either Maria Eva Schaffer or Maria Elisabethae Betz (or both? Or neither?). But because of their birth dates listed, it seems unlikely

Please let me know if you need more information. The links I provided should help, but bear in mind that it is quite possible I co-mingled some people or messed up somewhere along the way.

Thank you for your anticipated replies!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Qualiall" (Nov 14th 2018, 3:42pm)

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 3:46pm

If it helps..here is the tree on "Find MY Past"
https://tree.findmypast.com/#/trees/4cf3…0884304/profile

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 4:06pm

Hello Kevin,

I'd suggest you add the most important information (dates and places) to your text instead of only linking to Familysearch. Some people reading this might not have an LDS account.
Viele Grüße,
Simone

Familiennamen // Blog zur Familienforschung

Suche alles zur Abdecker-/Wasenmeister-Familie Pickelberger, Pickelsberger, Peckelberger, Peckenberger, Böckelberger, Pöckenberger, Böckenberger u. ä. Schreibweisen in Bayern und Österreich. Auch verwandte Berufe wie z.B. Schuster, Gerber.

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 4:17pm

I am not sure the Christian Kobel is the correct one

Christian (Xtiani) Kobel
30 September 1794 – 24 October 1860

Birth
30 Sep 1794
Rodalben, Pirmasens, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Christening
30 Sep 1794
Rodalben, Pirmasens, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Death
24 OCT 1860
Marine City, St. Clair Co., Michigan

Joannes Adamus (John Adam) Kobel
Sex
Male
Birth •
09 OCT 1829
Christening •
10 OCT 1829
Roemisch-Katholische,Clausen,Pfalz,Bavaria

George (Georgium) Kobel
(1870-1931)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Qualiall" (Nov 14th 2018, 5:13pm)