kirchenbuch infanterie regiment Nr. 30 and stammrollen.

• Hallo,

I am looking for Martin Kirchner. He was a soldier of the Prussian infanterie regiment Nr. 30 (Von Borcke). His daughter Maria Catharina Kirchner was born in April 1787 probably in Anklam. She is an ancestor of my wife.
    When did Martin marry, who is his wife and who are their children. This information is in the regimental churchbook
    I hope to find where Martin was born and where he came from. Maybe this information is in the stammrollen of this regiment.
    Where can I find the churchbook and Stammrollen?

regards,

Wim Nijssen

• Dear Mr. Nijssen,

The churchbooks of the Prussian Infanterie Regiment Nr. 30 (von Borcke) are online at Ancestry.

Catharina Maria Kirchner
    Born on 17th April 1787 at Anklam
    Baptism on 22th April 1787 at Anklam

Parents:

Martin Kirchner and Barbara Sophia Naumann

Martin and Barbara married on September 1779 at Anklam.

Regards

David Krueger

• Dear Mr. Krueger,

Thank you very much four your quick reaction.
    I assume that I can find all his children there.
    Where should I look for the Stammrollen. Any idea?

regards,

Wim Nijssen

• Hallo,

What do you mean by the collection of Anklam is now there.
    Is it new or was it closed to the public or...
    Which subscription do I need to search in Ancestry.

regards,

Wim Nijssen

• Dear Mr. Krueger,

I have a question.
    According to the appendix of the marriage certificate of Catharina Maria Kirchner (she married 15th of May 1824 in Veere, Holland) her father Martin died in April 18o8 and her mother Barbara Sophia in March 1800 in Anklam or surroundings. I am not sure that these data are correct but could you try to find their decease in Ancestry?
    I am doing this research for more than 8 years but I could notfind anything regarding their birth or decease. If this works I can look for their ancestors.

regards,

Wim Nijssen

• Dear Mr. Nijssen,

I don't know if any military records of Anklam are at the Landesarchiv Greifswald. I know that old records of Anklam are there, maybe military records too.

The military churchbooks of Anklam are in the collection "Germany, selected Protestant church books 1500-1971", you need a international membership.

Period of time of the Church books IR 30 for Anklam:
    Birth/Baptism: 1728-1795
    Marriages: 1728-1795
    Deaths: 1775-1795

I see that the Regiment switched to Stettin and continue the church books there. You say that Martin Kirchner and his wife died at Anklam - then the death record would be written in the church books of St. Marien or St. Nikolai Anklam.

Please contact the Kirchenkreisarchiv Greifswald, they can search for a fee at the church books.

Kirchenkreisarchiv Pommern
    Karl-Marx-Platz 15
    17489 Greifswald

E-Mail: kirchenkreisarchiv@pek.de

http://www.archivnordkirche.de/index.php/Pommern.html

Regards
    David Krueger

• Dear Mr. Krueger,
    Thank you for the information.

Martin and Barbara got their children in the period 1780-1792 when he was a soldier. So probably they were born 1750-1760.I asked some years ago the archiv in Greifswald to look for their decease but they could not find that in the churchbooks of Anklam.So probably they did not die in Anklam itself but nearby. Could you do me a favour and look for them in the Ancestry database?Martin Kirchner and Barbara Sophia Nau or Naumann. Maybe you can find their decease or even their birth.I asked the Geheimes Staatsarchiv Berlin about the Stammrollen of the infanterie regiment Nr. 30. Maybe this will help but unfortunately they cannot make copies if the information is available and I have to do it myself or hire an genealogist who will do the search for me.If Ancestry search gives results I will become a member.Thank you once again.
    best regards,
    Wim Nijssen