Re-Post 1932 Hamburg Newspaper - Altona Bloody Sunday

• Hello again everyone,

Johannes Heinrich Georg ARMBRUST b. 16 Oct 1915 - d. 14 July 1932 Hamburg:

He may have been involved in Altona Bloody Sunday. Death certificate is by police and no family information is included.

I have searched a few websites and cannot find any more information about Johannes nor any connection with Bloody Sunday. The date of his death (just 2 days before) and the certificate by police may indicate a "street death".

I have ARMBRUST family in the Altona - Hamburg - Blankenese area at the time of Johannes life BUT I'm NOT SURE he is related.

I want to find specific information on Johannes H. G. A. if I can

If anyone can offer a suggestion as to how I can find more on this subject I will be grateful.

One forum member has given me information and direction thus far and I appreciate that very much. Thank you.

Please see attachments below: They are the Hamburg death certificate of J. H. G. A.

Thank you,

Bob Armbrust
    USA

• Hello Bob,
    http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.…esc&page=9&query=armbrust

Johannes (Hans) Armbrust died by an accident with his bicycle.

This is the original text:

Mit dem Fahrrad in den Hafen gestürzt und ertrunken.

Der Geschäftsbote Hans Armbrust stürzte gestern mit seinem Fahrrad zwischen den Kaischuppen 3 und 4 und fiel über die Kaimauer ins Wasser. A. ertrank, die Leiche konnte noch nicht geborgen werden.

kind regards
    Chris

• Hello Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. I was definitely on the wrong track but I did learn something along the way so that's good.

I'll work on translating the article to English as I neither read nor speak any German.

I'm very grateful for you help, thank you.

Regards,

Bob Armbrust